Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

Not the one in the corner and not the rebound...Galloway..Galloway was on the ball and Miller gave up last 3

 

Miller was guarding Thornton on the rebound and put back. I looked at it a couple times because it was an amazing play by Thornton.

  • Replies 232
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that the past 4 years or so have been pretty bad for UK standards, but Tubby also had some great teams after the 98 championship team. Some that were #1 seeds, that just ran into some tough luck in the tournament. I'm still undecided on Billy G. There have been tons of things I've questioned, but I'm willing to give him a couple more years to see what he can do with a team with only his recruits.

 

I am on board with that. I go pretty far back as a Ky fan, what I saw at SC turned my stomach. Billy deserves a fair chance as in my mind this is a major rebuilding job. Only Eddie Sutton left this program in worse shape.

Must not have watched that blown assignment...

Stewart helped a little too much on Thornton, can you blame him? Far from a blown assignment. Mitchell hit a tough shot.

Who in the world said you couldn't speak your piece? :confused::idunno:

 

I was agreeing with you. Someone else had mentioned people jumping ship, sorry didn't state it very well.

I agree that the past 4 years or so have been pretty bad for UK standards, but Tubby also had some great teams after the 98 championship team. Some that were #1 seeds, that just ran into some tough luck in the tournament. I'm still undecided on Billy G. There have been tons of things I've questioned, but I'm willing to give him a couple more years to see what he can do with a team with only his recruits.

 

:thumb:

 

I seem to be agreeing with you a lot in this thread.

Miller was guarding Thornton on the rebound and put back. I looked at it a couple times because it was an amazing play by Thornton.

 

3 was the player that let Thorton split him and Patterson

I think you need to learn..mistakes are mistakes and I have talked nothing about half court set...if you score 100 and give up 102 you lose.You are right the game is 40 minutes so you need to play all 40 of it and not justify a mistake by saying I played well rest of time.
You complained Galloway allowed this and that. I pointed out without Galloway in the 2nd half, there would be nothing close to game for UK to have a chance.

 

The final seconds of a game, are just that. The entire 40 minutes is where the game is either determined to be in favor of one or the other. My initial comment was Galloway played very well and you replied, but allowed the last shot at the end. From what I saw, no weakside help or switching occurred at all in the second half.

 

Dwell on Galloway all you want but UK is a team, without a defensive scheme and the inability to help off the ball.

3 was the player that let Thorton split him and Patterson

 

Galloway was inside rebounding, but Thornton wasn't his man.

Ironically, both teams had 7 offensive rebounds and UK actually won the overall rebounding battle. :confused:

Ironically, both teams had 7 offensive rebounds and UK actually won the overall rebounding battle. :confused:
I thought UK was in better defensive position for rebounds, than LSU all night. I'm very surprised with the 7 offensive rebound totals.

 

What about 2nd chance points, which team had the most or is it indicated.

There is a reason, we arent good enough and everyone else will be fighting for their last tournament life.

 

 

Do you honestly think Georiga was any good last year?

Rupp almost isn't even a home court advantage anymore. This is the game of the season and listen to the fans - or at least, try to listen to the fans.

 

I been saying that for the last couple of years. Rupp Arena is not really that tough of a place for teams to play at. I mean most teams these days play at arenas that have the students right on the court and people yelling all game. Most of the times during games Rupp is quite, unless UK is on a run.

I thought UK was in better defensive position for rebounds, than LSU all night. I'm very surprised with the 7 offensive rebound totals.

 

What about 2nd chance points, which team had the most or is it indicated.

 

That's not indicated in the box, but I guarantee that LSU won that category.

That's not indicated in the box, but I guarantee that LSU won that category.
What was the FT miss/make for both?
What was the FT miss/make for both?

 

LSU 8-10

Cats 11-16

 

In fact, UK won every category basically except for 3-point shooting. That was the difference in the game. LSU was 9-20, UK was 3-14.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.