March 1, 200917 yr Yes they do, but the way trends are going, for now it seems evident that Carolina is going to pass Kentucky....in the end the number of wins a program has doesn't really matter. UK has a very rich tradition of winning, and they'll be back to that point sonner rather than later. I actually feel BCG will get them there, he needs to get his kids in, and then see what happens. I agree that Caroline appears destined to reclaim the lead, but since UK fans value the record so much you would think that they wouldn't be opposed to UK playing in the NIT and picking up a few wins if possible. You know that Carolina is to get at least 2 or 3 in the ACC and likely 4+ in the NCAA. UK needs every win it can get to keep pace.
March 1, 200917 yr I didn't say I was buying tickets to the NIT, did I? For the record why do we have the NIT? To prove who's number 65? UK would make a huge statment by not accepting an NIT bid... Don't think UK would host a home game the first week unless they did it at Memorial because the Sweet 16 is in Rupp.
March 1, 200917 yr The more I watch that last LSU possession the more I got ticked off. Thornton got away with two blatant push-offs to clear space. One was where he was dangerously close to a 5-second count and the push-off cleared space. Heck Bobby Knight said the officiating was bad at the end. Still not why they lost....but frustrating.
March 1, 200917 yr The more I watch that last LSU possession the more I got ticked off. Thornton got away with two blatant push-offs to clear space. One was where he was dangerously close to a 5-second count and the push-off cleared space. Heck Bobby Knight said the officiating was bad at the end. Still not why they lost....but frustrating. Agreed. However, if Meeks had the ball in his hands and did that, there is 0% chance that it gets called.
March 1, 200917 yr I have zero interest in UK playing in the NIT. I disagree with the feeling that its extra games which will make them better. I'd vote for starting the offseason and not playing any more games until next season. Add in the fact that they'll get beat by a small school to put a big ol' fat cherry on their bad year. Turning down an invitation sends the wrong kind of message IMO. If it comes to that, I think there is no way that UK turns it down.
March 1, 200917 yr Right or wrong, the defender has to get chucked a few rows into the seats for that push-off to be called with less than 20 seconds to play.
March 1, 200917 yr The missed call that I was most upset about was the no traveling call on Mitchell when they double teamed him that turned into a hectic play and LSU ended up getting a three out of it.
March 1, 200917 yr I still think UK makes the dance...how? I have no ides, but they'll make it...now, if they weren't to make it, I defintately think another 3 weeks or so of practice could help developing a much stronger squad for 2009-2010......if they were to be left out of the big dance, at that point wouldn't you want them to be able to improve? IMO, this team has shown no improvement in the last 3 months, so I really don't see how another 3 weeks could help.
March 1, 200917 yr The more I watch that last LSU possession the more I got ticked off. Thornton got away with two blatant push-offs to clear space. One was where he was dangerously close to a 5-second count and the push-off cleared space. Heck Bobby Knight said the officiating was bad at the end. Still not why they lost....but frustrating. :thumb: I was there and it was blatantly obvious. The officials blew several other calls too (and if I could see them 4 rows from the top, I know they could). Most notable there were 3 or 4 times when a UK player went to the basket and got hacked across the arms and there was no foul called.
March 1, 200917 yr Turning down an invitation sends the wrong kind of message IMO. What message do you think it would be sending?
March 1, 200917 yr You complained Galloway allowed this and that. I pointed out without Galloway in the 2nd half, there would be nothing close to game for UK to have a chance. The final seconds of a game, are just that. The entire 40 minutes is where the game is either determined to be in favor of one or the other. My initial comment was Galloway played very well and you replied, but allowed the last shot at the end. From what I saw, no weakside help or switching occurred at all in the second half. Dwell on Galloway all you want but UK is a team, without a defensive scheme and the inability to help off the ball. He was on ball last shot...never said that was his fault. 3 in the corner and putback where mostly on him. He had very good ball defense on the last play, actually I thought drew an offensive foul that wasnt called.
March 1, 200917 yr What message do you think it would be sending? That we are somehow "above" playing in the NIT.
March 1, 200917 yr Do you honestly think Georiga was any good last year? Good enough to win the tourney. I don't THINK we are. Hope I'm wrong.
March 1, 200917 yr He was on ball last shot...never said that was his fault. 3 in the corner and putback where mostly on him. He had very good ball defense on the last play, actually I thought drew an offensive foul that wasnt called. You really need to watch the put back play again? If you are blaming Galloway, then blame Pat too.
March 1, 200917 yr What was up with Harris leaving the game holding his chest? I saw that but heard nothing about it?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.