Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

That we are somehow "above" playing in the NIT.

 

And?

  • Replies 232
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really need to watch the put back play again? If you are blaming Galloway, then blame Pat too.

 

It apeared to me Pat had someone on his back. It was Millers man who escaped him from around the line on the shot. It appeared to me Galloway just turned to rebound and didnt find Thorton coming down the lane.

And?

 

ANY team that is bad enough to miss the Big Dance, is certainly not too big for the NIT.

Right or wrong, the defender has to get chucked a few rows into the seats for that push-off to be called with less than 20 seconds to play.

 

:thumb:

Turning down an invitation sends the wrong kind of message IMO. If it comes to that, I think there is no way that UK turns it down.

 

I agree and I hope the we get a bid to the "Dance", of course that's much better and I don't think that anyone believes that it isn't. I am not so sure that if the N.I.T. was our only other option that playing a few more games would "help" either. Just imo if an N.IT. bid was offererd and turned down then that would be a huge mistake, if nothing else that would bring in some $$$$ to the program and university and they certainly are not going to turn that down.

Bottom lne is I hope all this N.I.T. discussion ends up being just that and we are in the NCAA. Should the N.I.T. be the case, I am not crazy about the N.I.T. either but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't watch or support my team.

ANY team that is bad enough to miss the Big Dance, is certainly not too big for the NIT.

 

I disagree.

I disagree.

So you feel UK is too "big time" for the NIT???

So you feel UK is too "big time" for the NIT???

 

I see no value in playing unless its financial. I've already said that I don't buy the thought that an extra 1 to 4 games makes them better for next year. Is Perry Stevenson suddenly going to get tougher playing in the NIT? Is Porter going to get better? Is Liggins going to get under control? Is Harris going to contribute suddenly?

 

I'm open to suggestions on how it benefits them though.

I see no value in playing unless its financial. I've already said that I don't buy the thought that an extra 1 to 4 games makes them better for next year. Is Perry Stevenson suddenly going to get tougher playing in the NIT? Is Porter going to get better? Is Liggins going to get under control? Is Harris going to contribute suddenly?

 

I'm open to suggestions on how it benefits them though.

After 29 games they finally found the best rotation. Might as well get it some more work... :D

I see no value in playing unless its financial. I've already said that I don't buy the thought that an extra 1 to 4 games makes them better for next year. Is Perry Stevenson suddenly going to get tougher playing in the NIT? Is Porter going to get better? Is Liggins going to get under control? Is Harris going to contribute suddenly?

 

I'm open to suggestions on how it benefits them though.

 

Only why to get better is practice and play. I'm open to suggestions as to how not doing either of those benefits them.

After 29 games they finally found the best rotation. Might as well get it some more work... :D

 

I agree...I bet Porter starts next game though.BCG..I think the C stands for clueless.

I see no value in playing unless its financial. I've already said that I don't buy the thought that an extra 1 to 4 games makes them better for next year. Is Perry Stevenson suddenly going to get tougher playing in the NIT? Is Porter going to get better? Is Liggins going to get under control? Is Harris going to contribute suddenly?

 

I'm open to suggestions on how it benefits them though.

 

Gives the team tournament experience. What's better, playing a few more games against teams you may see next year somewhere down the road, or just packing it in and quitting? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Gives the team tournament experience. What's better, playing a few more games against teams you may see next year somewhere down the road, or just packing it in and quitting? Seems pretty obvious to me.

 

Tourney experience? What exactly does that mean as far as making them better for next season?

 

What are the chances they come up against teams they will actually face next year?

 

Again, this team needs a lot of individual work and they're not going to get in playing meaningless games in a tournament that screams to recruits "we're not good enough."

Only why to get better is practice and play. I'm open to suggestions as to how not doing either of those benefits them.

 

If you're just repeating what you've done the entire season (which hasn't worked) what's the benefit?

If you're just repeating what you've done the entire season (which hasn't worked) what's the benefit?

 

Like the guy said above, you get better through practice, regardless of whether you think it's a joke, you don't think it will help etc; it will help IMO. Perhaps UK misses out on the dance-which won't happen becaus it is Kentucky, regardless of wheter we deserve it or not-wins the NIT, that gives the team some confidence going in to next year. It may not be a national title, but at least the season will not end on a poor note. We'll be one of two teams to close the season with a W. That says a lot to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.