Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

UK needs to beat UGA, play UF close.

 

Win 1 game in the SEC Tourny.

 

I think it will be.

 

Yeah but then what if they beat Florida. :laugh:

 

I agree if they lose to UGA, get the NIT Tickets ready.

 

Just by beating a HORRIBLE Georgia team and beating one bad team in the first round of the SEC tournament wont get us in the NCAA tournament IMO. You got to realize that yeah even though our overall record last year was worst. I believe we still had a lot better of an RPI than we do this year, our strength of schedule is way down from last year, and our last 10 games wont be as good as last year. Our Resume does not look that good at all. We will need to beat both Georgia and Florida IMO and probably win one more game in the SEC tournament to get in.

  • Replies 232
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LSU 8-10

Cats 11-16

 

In fact, UK won every category basically except for 3-point shooting. That was the difference in the game. LSU was 9-20, UK was 3-14.

Thanks and it seemed to me, to be a lot of contact and some very close guarding, but not a lot of fouls. One of those let them play games and was even both sides.

 

The low number of FT's, does surprise me. There were a lot of individual moves and shot creations in this game.

 

Huge difference from behind the arc.

LSU 8-10

Cats 11-16

 

In fact, UK won every category basically except for 3-point shooting. That was the difference in the game. LSU was 9-20, UK was 3-14.

 

I think UK shot 53% from the field while LSU was 48% or so.

I'm a huge UK fan, and my life is good.

 

:thumb::thumb:

I agree that the past 4 years or so have been pretty bad for UK standards, but Tubby also had some great teams after the 98 championship team. Some that were #1 seeds, that just ran into some tough luck in the tournament. I'm still undecided on Billy G. There have been tons of things I've questioned, but I'm willing to give him a couple more years to see what he can do with a team with only his recruits.

 

I agree with you again on this one, BCG supposedly has some good recruits talent coming in next season I will wait untill I see that team before I say much of anything. I said "supposedly" bc you never know what they will end up or how they will play when they get to this level, no matter how many stars or years as hambuger boys.

I also have and still am questioning BCG on occasions, mostly on his lack of in game/bench coaching and making (not making) adjustments.

 

On another note, I see there were acouple of the always predictable :deadhorse: shots a Tubby on this thread :rolleyes:, here's an update for what should be known. Tubby has been gone from Lexington for almost 2 complete seasons, is in Minnesota coaching a team that this season is mostly his own recruits (they lost some top seniors from last season, are very young) and playing in (for this season anyway) imo a better conference and he has a better overall record than U.K. right now, Oh yeah, he also beat U.L.:D.

I am first and foremost a U.K. fan, aways have been and always will be and for anyone that wants to jump ship on them that is fine and your choice, I don't have a problem with that at all. Just don't be coming back around when U.K. has things straightened out and are playing great and winning like we expect again (and that will happen).

Also, please quit blaming a coach that as been gone for 2 years for everything, that at best is pathetic. Seems like no matter what game the U.K. thread is on anymore, the same post saying the same thing show up (and yes, I have also said this before so for that I am gulty as well) but have tried to refrain fom it untill I contiunue to read a few of the same post. I believe some just copy/paste the same post and change the opposing teams name bc maybe they don't know enough about the game to say what to blame it on or the problems were in an individual game. No need to call anyone out personally, they know who they are.

Just by beating a HORRIBLE Georgia team and beating one bad team in the first round of the SEC tournament wont get us in the NCAA tournament IMO. You got to realize that yeah even though our overall record last year was worst. I believe we still had a lot better of an RPI than we do this year, our strength of schedule is way down from last year, and our last 10 games wont be as good as last year. Our Resume does not look that good at all. We will need to beat both Georgia and Florida IMO and probably win one more game in the SEC tournament to get in.

If Kentucky wins two more games, CBS will make sure Kentucky is in the field of 65

And took out Galloway :idunno:

The mistake was taking Harris out up 10 and putting Stevenson in. LSU started scoring with 21 in the game. BCG even was very harsh in postgame regarding that move. Said he thought Harris was hurt...never mentioned 21 by name. LSU did in fact start scoring at that point.

 

UK got up 10 and LSU finally double-teamed him in the paint. They got him the ball, but he had at least 2 or 3 shots blocked in the last 6:00.

 

No 54 didn't touch it enough and Meeks started taking contested shots as well as making a very poor pass. 54 was killing inside and they didnt get it to him.

 

Stewart blew his assignment on the last three.. Far from good defense..

No that was Galloway. They were to switch on ball screens as they should at that stage...Galloway didnt switch. Also 3 made poor rotation and allowed 3 ball from corner which was a killer.

 

11 also was wide open in the corner for the previous 3.

3 gave far too much help and left the guy wide open.

 

Well, well, well....A lot of things happened in this one. Galloway earned a lot of respect today. Miller gave some very good minutes, both sides of the floor. Meeks will be doubled by all teams, from this point on. Patterson battles on the offensive end, but needs the ball when he's established position.

 

Porter should be coming off the bench, for 4-5 minutes a game now. If Stewart quit, then extremely disappointed he got in the game. Liggins needs confidence but hard to get, when you're afraid of making a mistake. Coach G and staff, finally got a lineup on the floor after 29 games.

 

LSU is very impressive, quick and plays the passing lanes well.

Couple of things...LSU is a veteran team and have a solid coach now.

 

Hard to justify starting Porter. 3 offers up so much more...ball pressure, ability to create, which creates openings and angles for others...all things Porter cant do.

 

Galloway gave up the put back 3 point play by not blocking out and the 3 in the corner back to back.

Miller didnt crash the boards.

The reason the Cats lost this game was their inability to rebound. Its really that simple.

Poor shot selection, failing to switch...but give LSU credit, Thornton stuck some big shots...and lastly Mitchell.

 

Backs firmly pressed to the wall.

Will BCG start the lineup that gave them a lift or run out the traditional one?

Who in the world said you couldn't speak your piece? :confused::idunno:

 

You... Were bad fans if we say anything negative according to you.

I agree that the past 4 years or so have been pretty bad for UK standards, but Tubby also had some great teams after the 98 championship team. Some that were #1 seeds, that just ran into some tough luck in the tournament. I'm still undecided on Billy G. There have been tons of things I've questioned, but I'm willing to give him a couple more years to see what he can do with a team with only his recruits.

 

I agree, Tubby had some great teams that ran into tough luck but I just don't know what coach G is thinking at times.. I tried to give him a chance but I've had enough...

You... Were bad fans if we say anything negative according to you.

 

 

I never once said you or anyone else was a bad fan. I said I supported the Cats thru the good, and the bad, and would go watch them play in the NIT. You stated you wouldn't support or watch the Cats if they played in the NIT, and the rest of us weren't realistic.

Realtimerpi now had UK at 61 .

 

Short of making it to the championship of the SEC I don't see them getting in.

 

They're not going to beat UF in Gainesville.

 

7 of their wins agaisnt RPIs of 250+. Bad losses.

 

How do they get in?

Realtimerpi now had UK at 61 .

 

Short of making it to the championship of the SEC I don't see them getting in.

 

They're not going to be UF in Gainesville.

 

7 of their wins agaisnt RPIs of 250+. Bad losses.

 

How do they get in?

CBS
I never once said you or anyone else was a bad fan. I said I supported the Cats thru the good, and the bad, and would go watch them play in the NIT. You stated you wouldn't support or watch the Cats if they played in the NIT, and the rest of us weren't realistic.

 

No, just you and others who would support UK accepting an NIT bid and being satisfied with it.. I would root for UK in those games, which means support, but I would not be overly entusiastic..

I just heard Gillispie say that they had a gameplan laid out to win the game and the players didn't switch on defense for whatever reason. He then followed that with "I'm not putting it on them, its 100% my fault..."

 

Part of the post game I saw on the news Gillespie said something like this:

 

"...if I don't play someone in the second half, we win the game."(close paraphrase)

 

Initially, I was thinking he was refereing to Stewart, but it came right after the comment about not switching, which I though it was Galloway that didn't switch.

CBS

 

I don't think UK has the allure it used to.

 

I also don't think the committee takes it into account like the fans think.

 

I guess the saving grace is (I think) there is an SEC guy on the committee. He's going to have to do some serious dancing to convince the rest.

 

I see AT LEAST 8 Big East teams. I see UC in before UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.