Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

What was up with Harris leaving the game holding his chest?

  • Replies 232
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does that involve? Acting like pompous babies when you are down???

 

It would be a bit pompus and probally the wrong move I just don't like the NIT, it's a useless tournament and proves nothing other than who's #65..

More bad news. UK won't be the winningest program for long. There's pleny of incentive for winning the NIT. It gives your team 4 more games to play, it ends the season on a positive note instead of a negative one. What would it benefit Kentucy to pack up the season if they don't receive a bid to the NCAA?

 

Winning the NIT would still be a huge negative... Winning the crown for the #65 team in the country is not a positive no matter how you cut it..

Winning the NIT would still be a huge negative... Winning the crown for the #65 team in the country is not a positive no matter how you cut it..

 

 

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would agree with you.

Winning the NIT would still be a huge negative... Winning the crown for the #65 team in the country is not a positive no matter how you cut it..

 

So winning the NIT would be worse then losing the NIT - or better yet, not even accepting a bid?

Not the last few.

 

Didn't they lose in OT in the 2005 regional finals?

Didn't they lose in OT in the 2005 regional finals?

 

 

Yes, they also lost in 2003 when Marquette and Dwayne Wade put in on them.

I have zero interest in UK playing in the NIT. I disagree with the feeling that its extra games which will make them better. I'd vote for starting the offseason and not playing any more games until next season. Add in the fact that they'll get beat by a small school to put a big ol' fat cherry on their bad year.

I just switched the t.v. to WKYT news and heard part of Gillispies post game talk. BCG stated "some people didn't switch on a high ball screen, you would expect them to do what they are told but they didn't". That may not be the exact quote but it is very close.

We may or may not hear "the rest of the story" later.... :popcorn::D

 

Wasn't it Galloway that didn't switch?

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that would agree with you.

 

I have zero interest in UK playing in the NIT. I disagree with the feeling that its extra games which will make them better. I'd vote for starting the offseason and not playing any more games until next season. Add in the fact that they'll get beat by a small school to put a big ol' fat cherry on their bad year.

 

 

I stand corrected,:lol: and I must admit that Clyde of all people is the one that is against UK accepting a bid to the NIT.

I stand corrected,:lol: and I must admit that Clyde of all people is the one that is against UK accepting a bid to the NIT.

 

One clarification: If we can guarantee they win it, I'm OK with it. They're not going to win it though so , again, I say pass and end this disappointing season.

Huge game from Thornton. Huge win for LSU, huge loss for UK.

I still think UK makes the dance...how? I have no ides, but they'll make it...now, if they weren't to make it, I defintately think another 3 weeks or so of practice could help developing a much stronger squad for 2009-2010......if they were to be left out of the big dance, at that point wouldn't you want them to be able to improve?

NIT wins count don't they? At least it would be a chance to stay ahead of Carolina for a little while longer.

NIT wins count don't they? At least it would be a chance to stay ahead of Carolina for a little while longer.

 

Yes they do, but the way trends are going, for now it seems evident that Carolina is going to pass Kentucky....in the end the number of wins a program has doesn't really matter. UK has a very rich tradition of winning, and they'll be back to that point sonner rather than later. I actually feel BCG will get them there, he needs to get his kids in, and then see what happens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.