Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

Part of the post game I saw on the news Gillespie said something like this:

 

"...if I don't play someone in the second half, we win the game."(close paraphrase)

 

Initially, I was thinking he was refereing to Stewart, but it came right after the comment about not switching, which I though it was Galloway that didn't switch.

 

I heard that comment but was confused by it. He was walking a very fine line in that presser. He was very close to pointing out individuals and blaming them for the loss.

  • Replies 232
  • Views 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at past matchups, past storylines, and some of the teams that have inched in, I truly believe CBS has some input. I think it's why they made it last year. Their region was the last one announced on the selection show.

When you look at past matchups, past storylines, and some of the teams that have inched in, I truly believe CBS has some input. I think it's why they made it last year. Their region was the last one announced on the selection show.

 

You can't compare last year's team to this year's team. Not close.

You can't compare last year's team to this year's team. Not close.

I'm not. But CBS will look at their ratings this year compared to last year. If UK does get in, you can guarantee there will be a potential second or third round matchup with either Duke, Michigan State, or Kansas.

I don't think UK has the allure it used to.

 

I also don't think the committee takes it into account like the fans think.

 

I guess the saving grace is (I think) there is an SEC guy on the committee. He's going to have to do some serious dancing to convince the rest.

 

I see AT LEAST 8 Big East teams. I see UC in before UK.

 

:thumb: I don't think UK will get the bump everyones expecting just because were UK... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the commisioner of the SEC head of the tournament comittee.

No, just you and others who would support UK accepting an NIT bid and being satisfied with it.. I would root for UK in those games, which means support, but I would not be overly entusiastic..

 

 

 

That's a bit different from what you posted earlier.

 

 

NIT tickets? What UK basketball fan would go watch the NIT?

 

 

 

 

Not jumping ship.. UK basketball plays for natinal championships not NIT championships.. As far as Im concerned when were not in the NCAA tournament the season is over... I would be upset with UK if they accepted the NIT invitation...

 

 

 

 

I never said I was satisfied. I'm far from satisfied with the way Kentucky has played the past 4 seasons, but there's not a thing I can do about it.

That's a bit different from what you posted earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I never said I was satisfied. I'm far from satisfied with the way Kentucky has played the past 4 seasons, but there's not a thing I can do about it.

 

 

I didn't say I was buying tickets to the NIT, did I? For the record why do we have the NIT? To prove who's number 65? UK would make a huge statment by not accepting an NIT bid...

I didn't say I was buying tickets to the NIT, did I? For the record why do we have the NIT? To prove who's number 65? UK would make a huge statment by not accepting an NIT bid...

 

 

What kind of statement?

What kind of statement?

A really bad one...

What kind of statement?

 

That anything less than competing for a natinal title is unacceptible..

A really bad one...

 

 

I agree.

I agree.

 

Explain?

Part of the post game I saw on the news Gillespie said something like this:

 

"...if I don't play someone in the second half, we win the game."(close paraphrase)

 

Initially, I was thinking he was refereing to Stewart, but it came right after the comment about not switching, which I though it was Galloway that didn't switch.

 

I heard him say that as well.

Explain?

 

 

I hate to break this to you, but Kentucky is not the be all/end all of college basketball. Teams like UCLA, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Indiana have accepted bids to the NIT. If Kentucky were to turn down a bid to the NIT they would also be turning down a chance to possibly play 4 more games at the end of the season. Everyone knows that the Cats need all the court time, and experience they can get. There is no reason the Cats should turn down a bid to the NIT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.