Highlands 52 Conner 49

No, but if they did I think it would take some of the pressure off Towles

The reason Macke should play is that it would simply make Highlands a much better team. She sets picks, rebounds and takes up a lot of space. Her presence with Towles would create match-up nightmares for most teams in the 9th.

The reason Macke should play is that it would simply make Highlands a much better team. She sets picks, rebounds and takes up a lot of space. Her presence with Towles would create match-up nightmares for most teams in the 9th.
Got to agree with that She is very strong and doesn't get pushed around under the basket. Very physical.

Got to agree with that She is very strong and doesn't get pushed around under the basket. Very physical.

I agree also. I have seen Highlands play three times. Macke is a strong contributor when called upon.

Cutter and Horner would also be starters on most teams. Highlands is blessed this season with a lot of talented players!

Who's minutes does she take? Also, it would hurt their team speed IMO, and cut into their ability to pressure the ball. She would have problems guarding a player on the premiter, so where does she match up?

I agree also. I have seen Highlands play three times. Macke is a strong contributor when called upon.

Cutter and Horner would also be starters on most teams. Highlands is blessed this season with a lot of talented players!

I've felt Horner is the player that has been "squessed" out of minutes her whole career. She basically is now reduced to a 6-10 minute role player. I always felt she should have been used more often than she was. She is a shooter and you have to stay with people like that even when she misses a couple. In the games I have seen she has become much more tentative through her career because she seemed to be looking over her shoulder knowing her first missed shot or turnover would cause her to come out of the game. I have been very disappointed in how she has been used, but it is too late now. By the way, she is no relation, and these are just my observations having watched her play. So don't think I have an ax to grind or anything like that.

Who's minutes does she take? Also, it would hurt their team speed IMO, and cut into their ability to pressure the ball. She would have problems guarding a player on the premiter, so where does she match up?[/Q

Who cares who's minutes are taken. It is about the success of the team. Her and Towles played together some during the Simon Kenton game and it seemed to work pretty well. Macke got into some early foul trouble so they really weren't able to play together long. I would not have said this at the beginning of the year, but I will say it now and that Macke will be a key factor for Highlands the rest of the year. I thought that Highlands was much improved in the Simon Kenton game.

I've felt Horner is the player that has been "squessed" out of minutes her whole career. She basically is now reduced to a 6-10 minute role player. I always felt she should have been used more often than she was. She is a shooter and you have to stay with people like that even when she misses a couple. In the games I have seen she has become much more tentative through her career because she seemed to be looking over her shoulder knowing her first missed shot or turnover would cause her to come out of the game. I have been very disappointed in how she has been used, but it is too late now. By the way, she is no relation, and these are just my observations having watched her play. So don't think I have an ax to grind or anything like that.

I totally disagree that it is to late. I've seen Horner shoot the lights out on several occassions. She has had a tough shooting year up to now. She has to tell herself it's over and that this Friday is a new beginning. Personally I would put her out there this Friday against Newport and tell her to shoot 10 threes. If Highlands is going to beat teams like Montgomery County they'll need Horner to make some shots, which she's more than capable of doing.

Congrats to the Cougars also! I'm sure not many expected this to be such a close game. Their young team played with intensity and not to mention missing guard, Beasley. Any team, on any given night......let's not count them out! Look forward to seeing them at tourney time!:clap: