Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 52 Conner 49

Featured Replies

:ohbrother: I believe there is more to basketball than shooting 3's all night long. Have you forgotten that basketball requires defense and rebounding. Not a relative? Why would you even make that comment......Guilty as charged. Come watch, take notes and then we can talk.

I totally disagree that it is to late. I've seen Horner shoot the lights out on several occassions. She has had a tough shooting year up to now. She has to tell herself it's over and that this Friday is a new beginning. Personally I would put her out there this Friday against Newport and tell her to shoot 10 threes. If Highlands is going to beat teams like Montgomery County they'll need Horner to make some shots, which she's more than capable of doing.

As I said, I think her confidence is shot. It is easy to say forget everything and start over, but after 3 1/2 years of being basically ignored or passed over that is easier said than done. However, as to your suggestion that she be put out there Friday and told to shoot 10 3pointers, I don't disagree. However, given the fact she doesn't get enough time to shoot 2 shots I don't think there is a chance in the world she would be given enought time to do this. Incidentally, I agree Highlands will need someone like her to beat the really good teams. I don't see it happening.

Who's minutes does she take? Also, it would hurt their team speed IMO, and cut into their ability to pressure the ball. She would have problems guarding a player on the premiter, so where does she match up?[/Q

 

Who cares who's minutes are taken. It is about the success of the team. Her and Towles played together some during the Simon Kenton game and it seemed to work pretty well. Macke got into some early foul trouble so they really weren't able to play together long. I would not have said this at the beginning of the year, but I will say it now and that Macke will be a key factor for Highlands the rest of the year. I thought that Highlands was much improved in the Simon Kenton game.

Who cares whose minutes are taken? Listen to your parents closely sometime and you will know who cares.

:ohbrother: I believe there is more to basketball than shooting 3's all night long. Have you forgotten that basketball requires defense and rebounding. Not a relative? Why would you even make that comment......Guilty as charged. Come watch, take notes and then we can talk.

I made an observation. I made the "Not a relative" comment so no one would think I was. I am not even a fan of Highlands, but some things are obvious if you watch them play enough.

I made an observation. I made the "Not a relative" comment so no one would think I was. I am not even a fan of Highlands, but some things are obvious if you watch them play enough.

 

Coach Richey would play her daughter if she thought it would make her team better. Clearly she's been playing the girls who are doing that, hence the 16-2 record. It's kind of bizarre that you're making these comments. Either you've been prompted by someone to make these comments or you're simply just trying to stir up trouble. You obviously haven't watched a lot of Highlands girls basketball this year.

Let's stay on the path of Highlands and Conner.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.