What does it take to build a dynasty?

trampler

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a deep question. I will list just a few things I think without writing a novel. Not in any particular order ;)

Players mentality.

A good coach (and staff)

Players loving the coach.

Players love of the game.

Parent support.

They palyers need to respect the coaching staff. The coaching staff needs to respect the players.

Everyone wants to talk about building a dynasty. Not everyone can be a dynasty. How do you stop decline? That is where most schools fall.

You have to have the administrative support that will do whatever is necessary to build a strong Football program. If the administration doesn't care they will simply be pleased with mediocrity and that is what they will get until the players and parents get tired of it and begin to defect. Then you are down the drain.

It all starts with the middle of the road teams to not turn their backs on kids. If kids are walking the halls and not playing, do you know why? Are you trying to get them back or do you tell them we will do it without you? Before long, you will be doing it by yourself.

Most of us do not have the luxury of X & T, that we can afford to just let kids keep walking away.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

How many 6' 200 pounders that can run a 4.5 40 are you aware of? I don't know if we've ever had one of those at Highlands.

He might not have been 6'0 200 and run a 4.5 but Derek Smith was a pretty freakish athlete and went about 6'6 250...plus you had a 280 pounder at qb at one time with a cannon for an arm. Highlands has tons of athletes, great program but you have to have athletes to be dominant.

I would say best way to construct a dynasty would be to coach a Catholic school in Louisville, Covington, or Lexington. :idunno:

Guest Birdflu
He might not have been 6'0 200 and run a 4.5 but Derek Smith was a pretty freakish athlete and went about 6'6 250...plus you had a 280 pounder at qb at one time with a cannon for an arm. Highlands has tons of athletes, great program but you have to have athletes to be dominant.

I would say best way to construct a dynasty would be to coach a Catholic school in Louisville, Covington, or Lexington. :idunno:

I thought Derek Smith had the most potential to become a professional athlete of any athlete Highlands ever had. It just didn't pan out. To become a dynasty, everyone, from coaches to players to athletes have to buy into the system. Continuity of coaches also helps.

They palyers need to respect the coaching staff. The coaching staff needs to respect the players.

Everyone wants to talk about building a dynasty. Not everyone can be a dynasty. How do you stop decline? That is where most schools fall.

You have to have the administrative support that will do whatever is necessary to build a strong Football program. If the administration doesn't care they will simply be pleased with mediocrity and that is what they will get until the players and parents get tired of it and begin to defect. Then you are down the drain.

It all starts with the middle of the road teams to not turn their backs on kids. If kids are walking the halls and not playing, do you know why? Are you trying to get them back or do you tell them we will do it without you? Before long, you will be doing it by yourself.

Most of us do not have the luxury of x & t, that we can afford to just let kids keep walking away.

I agree! Great post!