Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Featured Replies

Remember CovCath will require that the head coach also be a teacher at CovCath

  • Replies 163
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man who looks like a genius running Trinitys offense, but only could muster a couple wins a year as the Head Coach at another school.
Coverdale was 7-13 in two seasons at Castle ...
Remember CovCath will require that the head coach also be a teacher at CovCath

 

This is the main reason why I dont think they will have a good coach right off the bat. Just like the situation with Brossart. Obviously money plays a big role in these coach's decisions, just look at how Rodenburg left. I would imagine teachers at CovCath don't make very much money, so why would a good coach come coach there, when the money and the chance for success arent really there ( compared to the public schools in KY, or bigger schools in Ohio).

 

Also, regarding Lorenzen, How did his name even come up in this conversation? There is no chance his first coaching job is going to be at Covington Catholic, he is a big time Highlands boy. I would imagine that if he wanted to coach, the birds would be waiting with open arms to give him a spot.

It seems in the Highlands thread that some members alluded to the fact that Lorenzen offered his services to Highlands, but they declined. Could this be Lorenzen's next option?

This is the main reason why I dont think they will have a good coach right off the bat. Just like the situation with Brossart. Obviously money plays a big role in these coach's decisions, just look at how Rodenburg left. I would imagine teachers at CovCath don't make very much money, so why would a good coach come coach there, when the money and the chance for success arent really there ( compared to the public schools in KY, or bigger schools in Ohio).

 

Also, regarding Lorenzen, How did his name even come up in this conversation? There is no chance his first coaching job is going to be at Covington Catholic, he is a big time Highlands boy. I would imagine that if he wanted to coach, the birds would be waiting with open arms to give him a spot.

 

It came up because Guru threw it out there.

I think a great Head Coach hire would be Nate Rodieg. Real good coach has helped out a lot of programs and he would be one that I would go after but again I don't think he is a teacher but I would go after him.

It seems in the Highlands thread that some members alluded to the fact that Lorenzen offered his services to Highlands, but they declined. Could this be Lorenzen's next option?

 

I don't think so, but again I'm usually wrong on here.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I have no idea who the next coach will be but here are some names to consider. Remember, I am just throwing some names out:

 

Bob Crable

Mike Woolf

Pee Wee Reece

Lynn Ray

Mike Yeagle

Tom Duffy

Tom Grippa

Andrew Coverdale

Jared Lorenzen

Nate Roedig

Barry Jones

Lehman Boyd

Nick Hovan

Ted Edgington

 

Any list wth Pee Wee Reece and Nick Hovan on it not even funny a little bit

Coverdale would be an amazing choice. If Dan Robinson out of IN is style floating around he would be a great fit also.

Any list wth Pee Wee Reece and Nick Hovan on it not even funny a little bit

 

You mean Santa PeeWee Reece:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Any list wth Pee Wee Reece and Nick Hovan on it not even funny a little bit

 

I like Nick a lot and again I understand he is a die hard CCH supporter.

 

One never knows about Pee Wee but I understand he has some street cred with the powers that be due to his fund raising abilities.

Regarding Jared Lorenzen, why would a program as established and tradition-rich as Covington Catholic select a guy with no formal coaching experience??? I mean, has J-Lo ever been an assistant coach somewhere? I don't think he has.

 

J-Lo is obviously a great player, but there are many, many cases of great players not making great coaches. This would seem like a pretty big gamble on CCH's part to me.[/QUOT

 

Jared isn't going to coach at CovCath. Now if his food revenue like quadruples overnight with CovCath faithful at his Restaurant, then who knows what would happen:ylsuper:

 

Now if the "Mafia" starts to eat there, you can count on it. Out of the 16 on Guru's list, there is only maybe 6 with even a chance to get an interview. One I know has already been asked if he would be interested two weeks ago.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I updated the list:

 

Bob Crable

Mike Woolf

Pee Wee Reece

Lynn Ray

Mike Yeagle

Tom Duffy

Tom Grippa

Andrew Coverdale

Jared Lorenzen

Nate Roedig

Barry Jones

Lehman Boyd

Nick Hovan

Ted Edgington

Kevin Siple

 

 

Jared Lorenzen? where are you getting this information?

Jared Lorenzen? where are you getting this information?

 

Please everyone, read the whole thread before you comment:

 

I have no idea who the next coach will be but here are some names to consider. Remember, I am just throwing some names out:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.