Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Featured Replies

Remember CovCath will require that the head coach also be a teacher at CovCath

 

Unless the KHSAA rules have changed, in order to be a Head Football or Basketball Coach in Ky you have to be a full time employee of the school. You can get a 'hardship' waiver if no-one at the school is qualified or wants the position.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the KHSAA rules have changed, in order to be a Head Football or Basketball Coach in Ky you have to be a full time employee of the school. You can get a 'hardship' waiver if no-one at the school is qualified or wants the position.

You do not have to be a teacher to coach. You are of course employed by the school if you are a coach, but you do not have to be an educator to be a coach.

Please everyone, read the whole thread before you comment:

 

My apologies guru. I'm just shocked about this whole situation. I jumped to conclusions.

You do not have to be a teacher to coach. You are of course employed by the school if you are a coach, but you do not have to be an educator to be a coach.

 

I should of qualified this further, the KHSAA rules used to be for football and basketball only, in order to be a head coach you needed to be a full time employee of the school system in which you are coaching (teacher, administrator, janitor, guidance counselor, etc). This rule did not apply to any other sport.

I have no idea who the next coach will be but here are some names to consider. Remember, I am just throwing some names out:

 

Bob Crable

Mike Woolf

Pee Wee Reece

Lynn Ray

Mike Yeagle

Tom Duffy

Tom Grippa

Andrew Coverdale

Jared Lorenzen

Nate Roedig

Barry Jones

Lehman Boyd

Nick Hovan

Ted Edgington

 

That's like saying that Marvin Lewis is going to coach the Reds this year.

I should of qualified this further, the KHSAA rules used to be for football and basketball only, in order to be a head coach you needed to be a full time employee of the school system in which you are coaching (teacher, administrator, janitor, guidance counselor, etc). This rule did not apply to any other sport.

I understand, that has been repealed. You can now hold a job outside of the school and be a head coach. It doesn't happen often, that I am aware of, but I have seen it happen.

I just hope that the people Rowe consults to select a coach know more about football than he and the AD do. I also hope that fundraising is not the primary consideration for who should build this program.

I just hope that the people Rowe consults to select a coach know more about football than he and the AD do. I also hope that fundraising is not the primary consideration for who should build this program.

 

This was handled very badly and could have

happen a month ago and a new coach in the building when the winter program started on Monday.

Rowe and the AD should be questioned on their ability to be in charge.

I also have talked to couple of people close to the program and three names on the list are strong on the rumor mill , two of which have Brossart staying as a coach.

This was handled very badly and could have

happen a month ago and a new coach in the building when the winter program started on Monday.

.

 

Just a guess but they may not have wanted to make the move right before Dave got married in late December. Again, just a guess.

Steve Lickert is my guess....:thumb:

Steve Lickert is my guess....:thumb:

 

Great choice but I don't see it happening.

Great choice but I don't see it happening.

 

Do you know what he could do with a bunch of dedicated athletes???? :eek::eek:

Do you know what he could do with a bunch of dedicated athletes???? :eek::eek:

 

"Excommunicated" is the word that comes to my mind.:lol:

Steve Lickert is my guess....:thumb:

 

That was also my thought, but I figured I'd read ahead to see if anyone else thought the same. That could be a great fit and make things interesting down the road. Wouldn't bother me in the least to see a class guy heading up a class program.

Steve Lickert is my guess....:thumb:

 

Steve is a fine young man and a great coach in the making... the last time I talked to Steve, middle of December, he was excited about the Holmes' 2009 squad. I think Steve would be a great addition to any highschool program in N Ky. I think Steve will eventually end up coaching at the next level...

 

However, if I was rebuilding a team I think I would go with a little more proven experience at the head coaching position and with Ws in the win column. Therefore, my selection would be Kevin Siple... another great coach with a proven track record on the gridiron. Kevin is a solid man with a great resume in the classroom, on the gridiron and on the streets of Ft Thomas. A great family man indeed!

 

I see Steve or Kevin as the replacement candidates for Dale in about 10 to 15 years! Not sure why I am building them up for Cov Cath :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.