Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Featured Replies

Steve is a fine young man and a great coach in the making... the last time I talked to Steve, middle of December, he was excited about the Holmes' 2009 squad. I think Steve would be a great addition to any highschool program in N Ky. I think Steve will eventually end up coaching at the next level...

 

However, if I was rebuilding a team I think I would go with a little more proven experience at the head coaching position and with Ws in the win column. Therefore, my selection would be Kevin Siple... another great coach with a proven track record on the gridiron. Kevin is a solid man with a great resume in the classroom, on the gridiron and on the streets of Ft Thomas. A great family man indeed!

 

I see Steve or Kevin as the replacement candidates for Dale in about 10 to 15 years! Not sure why I am building them up for Cov Cath :D

 

Didn't Siple just resign from Indian Hill due to burnout and/or family?

  • Replies 163
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Siple just resign from Indian Hill due to burnout and/or family?

 

Not sure of the exact reason why he decided to hang up the hat and whistle at Indian Hill... Covington Catholic could be the challenge he is looking for!

 

However, retirement benefits may be a factor in staying on as a teacher at Indian Hill or other hghschool in the state of Ohio.

Therefore, my selection would be Kevin Siple... another great coach with a proven track record on the gridiron. Kevin is a solid man with a great resume in the classroom, on the gridiron and on the streets of Ft Thomas. A great family man indeed!
I agree wholeheartedly with your description of Kevin. That being said, I do not think he will be the next coach at Cov Cath.

 

However, retirement benefits may be a factor in staying on as a teacher at Indian Hill or other hghschool in the state of Ohio.

 

That plus the salary differential (read: cut) is going to limit the field.

I hope Woolf gets it. He is a heck of a guy and he brings that tough nosed old school mentality. If they want a general to come in and clean up the ship, he is your guy.

 

Siple is a good guy as well. He is more laid back and loves that spread offense.

I hope Woolf gets it. He is a heck of a guy and he brings that tough nosed old school mentality. If they want a general to come in and clean up the ship, he is your guy.

 

.

 

The Woolf scenario is interesting. He's applied twice, came close, but didn't get it. He may have to hear he's the guy before he applies again. He may not want to ride this ride again.

This was handled very badly and could have

happen a month ago and a new coach in the building when the winter program started on Monday.

Rowe and the AD should be questioned on their ability to be in charge.

I also have talked to couple of people close to the program and three names on the list are strong on the rumor mill , two of which have Brossart staying as a coach.

 

As Clyde stated, the administration decided to postpone any official discussions until after Coach Brossart's wedding, honeymoon and the Holidays. Actually I would think this was quite considerate, especially with all the pressure they were getting to make a change??

 

Also, remember Coach B resigned!!

Is teaching at the school a requirement at CovCath to be a head coach? I know there are several paraprofessionals in head jobs in NKY.

The Woolf scenario is interesting. He's applied twice, came close, but didn't get it. He may have to hear he's the guy before he applies again. He may not want to ride this ride again.

 

Agreed...

As Clyde stated, the administration decided to postpone any official discussions until after Coach Brossart's wedding, honeymoon and the Holidays. Actually I would think this was quite considerate, especially with all the pressure they were getting to make a change??

 

Also, remember Coach B resigned!![/QUOTE]

 

Or be canned....You can look at it either way i guess.

As Clyde stated, the administration decided to postpone any official discussions until after Coach Brossart's wedding, honeymoon and the Holidays. Actually I would think this was quite considerate, especially with all the pressure they were getting to make a change??

 

Also, remember Coach B resigned!![/QUOTE]

 

Or be canned....You can look at it either way i guess.

 

Even if he was, I think Rowe & company handled it as best as these situations can be handled (a lot better than most considering the situation); but then I wasn't in the meeting?? Back to potential coaches!!

The first thing that Rowe needs to do is get someone (I don't know from where) that has experience with a football program and making important decisions with that program. I don't know if he has any experience but I do know that he came from Brossart and that's not ample experience to make an important hire like this one.

 

That being said, I would say you need to take a strong look at Dave Wirth (former assistant at CCH) who has done a good job with Badin in Cincinnati. Also, although I'm pretty sure he won't apply, Tony Acito would be a great candidate.

Any list wth Pee Wee Reece and Nick Hovan on it not even funny a little bit

 

I wouldn't let my kid play for Reece when he was a 9 year old for the Spartans! Keeping him as far away from that program is the best thing they could ever do!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The first thing that Rowe needs to do is get someone (I don't know from where) that has experience with a football program and making important decisions with that program. I don't know if he has any experience but I do know that he came from Brossart and that's not ample experience to make an important hire like this one.

 

That being said, I would say you need to take a strong look at Dave Wirth (former assistant at CCH) who has done a good job with Badin in Cincinnati. Also, although I'm pretty sure he won't apply, Tony Acito would be a great candidate.

 

Bob Rowe has been around the coaching scene in the area for a long time, and I'm certain has many confidants to discuss this move with. He won't make an uninformed decision, and I've heard that he's very aware of the spotlight shining on him and this decision. :thumb:

Bob Rowe has been around the coaching scene in the area for a long time, and I'm certain has many confidants to discuss this move with. He won't make an uninformed decision, and I've heard that he's very aware of the spotlight shining on him and this decision. :thumb:

 

Glad to hear it. Like I said, I have limited knowledge of him, only knowing that he was at Brossart.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.