CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Eta Rho

With all due respect to all the candidates and potential candidates. If Mike Woolf wants to return as Head Coach, He should get a lot of attention. He is a solid Coach and a solid teacher. He is good with kids. You may not agree with his expertise or his defensive schemes but he gets his players to play hard and work hard. That many times is the missing ingredient. If the players have the talent, he can get it out of them.

Hopefully, at this point, Wolfe is highly considered. I'd feel disrespected if I were him, and I hope he is willing to forgive the alma mater.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my top 5.

Mike Woolf- bleeds covcath blue and has earned his stripes as an assistant.

Kevin Siple- Taking a break but this would be a great opportunity on this side of the river.

Steve Lickert- would be great interview experience but he needs a few more years at Holmes before he is ready for this program. With that said he has a very strong system that seems to show he can turn teams around.

Nate Roedig- another former Colonel who has been coaching a long time and can bring some fire.

Barry Jones- not sure why probably just because he is a homer and they need a homer in that position.

I do not think he has turned anything around at Holmes.IMO.

You would definitely be surprised! Have you ever been to anything at Holmes with football? You have to have a base that is strong before you can build anything on it. The base that is being established, off the field and in the classroom will translate over to the field starting this year! This isnt a very educated comment.:irked:

If Coach Lickert chose to apply for the Cov Cath job, I think the powers that be would be very impressed from the interview if was granted!

You would definitely be surprised! Have you ever been to anything at Holmes with football? This isnt a very educated comment.:irked:

I think it was just his opinion that he doesnt believe he as turned things around at Holmes. Just like it is probably your opinion that he has! Everybody on here is so quick to bash people for their opinions instead of having a civil argument on why its their opinion. Provide examples, demonstrate why you think this or that, instead of saying "thats an uneducated comment"

Can't we all just get along!:thumb:

From the outside looking in, CovCath is in a tough spot. This is a very important hire, probably the most important in 20+ years at the school. Whoever the coach is, he will be the 4th head football coach in the past 6 years. CovCath needs to hire someone who will win and will stay at the school when they do win. It would be a disaster for the program if this new coach does not win or if he wins and moves elsewhere in a couple of years. The options mentioned who bleed CovCath blue should be strongly considered but there better be no doubt that they will win...and winning is more than 7-5 at CovCath, as Coach Brossart can attest.

From the outside looking in, CovCath is in a tough spot. This is a very important hire, probably the most important in 20+ years at the school. Whoever the coach is, he will be the 4th head football coach in the past 6 years. CovCath needs to hire someone who will win and will stay at the school when they do win. It would be a disaster for the program if this new coach does not win or if he wins and moves elsewhere in a couple of years. The options mentioned who bleed CovCath blue should be strongly considered but there better be no doubt that they will win...and winning is more than 7-5 at CovCath, as Coach Brossart can attest.

Nicely said!

The Woolf scenario is interesting. He's applied twice, came close, but didn't get it. He may have to hear he's the guy before he applies again. He may not want to ride this ride again.

What's the whole story with Coach Woolfe and CCH?

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

From a win-loss standpoint, it surely doesn't look that way. However, I have noticed that his teams have been much more disciplined than any other Holmes' teams that I have seen.