Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Featured Replies

Because almost every single person on Coach B's staff was no where near good enough to be employed by CCH. The only one that was left from the Rodey days left because he felt Brossart was "unqualified". Coach B had this coming for a while because of his poor choice of assistant coaches.

 

You make it sound as if being a coach at Covington Catholic is a glamorous job. Not good enough? Seriously? Not good enough? Some people say it was the players that weren't good enough and that the team quit. The season appeared to be such an abomination that I don't think it would be correct to place ALL of the blame on the coaches. Everyone involved with the program should accept some sort of blame instead of pointing fingers. I would love to hear Brossart's opinion or one of the "unworthy to work at Covington Catholic assistant coaches" opinions on how they feel the events of this season went down.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #12 content

  • Replies 163
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make it sound as if being a coach at Covington Catholic is a glamorous job. Not good enough? Seriously? Not good enough? Some people say it was the players that weren't good enough and that the team quit. The season appeared to be such an abomination that I don't think it would be correct to place ALL of the blame on the coaches. Everyone involved with the program should accept some sort of blame instead of pointing fingers. I would love to hear Brossart's opinion or one of the "unworthy to work at Covington Catholic assistant coaches" opinions on how they feel the events of this season went down. There are two sides to every story and we only seem to get one side on BGP.

 

We actually got most of both sides in this case.

I guess most of the venom comes from the side that didn't like Brossart and it comes fast and furious. It seems like a majority of the people wanted Brossart gone, but to say people aren't worthy to work at Covington Catholic is hitting below the belt and the arrogance is hard to swallow. I still say I would love to hear from one of the "unworthy" assistants or Brossart himself. After hearing and reading some of the things fans of Covington Catholic say, why would anyone want to work there?

I guess it just depends on what side you are on. I would call it a small, but somewhat vocal minority.

 

 

By my count about 2??

We actually got most of both sides in this case.

 

That's not true, but whatever.

You seem to be in the VAST minority--Personal agenda perhaps??

 

Interesting. In this whole drama from what I've witnessed, which is obviously not everything, a lot of people accusing others of personal agendas are ones with obvious personal agendas. Mr. Sticker, please don't take that as a personal attack. I am thinking of others who have made such claims. I recently spoke to a parent who blamed Brossart for the lack of collegiate interest in their son. The reality is their son, while a super nice kid who will do great things in life, is really not an exceptionally talented athlete. For the record I am not defending Brossart as a coach. There was plenty of things I disagreed with this seaon, like the fact CovCath never adjusted to anything in a game, ever. My objection is to the way this change has transpired and how some folks are trying, with obvious desperation, to rationalize thier behaviors.

 

 

On another note, it was very amusing to see the line of people waiting to speak to the CovCath AD at tonite's basketball game. He was visibly uncomfortable. I overheard one man tell him, with a finger pointed to the chest, that he's made two mistakes and better not make another one. Funny how no one has commented on the quotes from the paper where the AD basically says on a Tuesday that this is so important that we are going to get right to searching for a new coach 'next week'. How about let's do it NOW. Instead of worrying about who was bringing drinks into the gym, he should have been lining up interviews or finding someone who knows what a good high school football coach looks like.

You seem to be in the VAST minority--Personal agenda perhaps??

 

Really

I have not talked to one person and friends of mind ,all football parents can not find anyone who supported the firing.

The only minority is the ones who lead Rowe to fire Broosart.

Interesting. In this whole drama from what I've witnessed, which is obviously not everything, a lot of people accusing others of personal agendas are ones with obvious personal agendas. Mr. Sticker, please don't take that as a personal attack. I am thinking of others who have made such claims. I recently spoke to a parent who blamed Brossart for the lack of collegiate interest in their son. The reality is their son, while a super nice kid who will do great things in life, is really not an exceptionally talented athlete. For the record I am not defending Brossart as a coach. There was plenty of things I disagreed with this seaon, like the fact CovCath never adjusted to anything in a game, ever. My objection is to the way this change has transpired and how some folks are trying, with obvious desperation, to rationalize thier behaviors.

 

 

On another note, it was very amusing to see the line of people waiting to speak to the CovCath AD at tonite's basketball game. He was visibly uncomfortable. I overheard one man tell him, with a finger pointed to the chest, that he's made two mistakes and better not make another one. Funny how no one has commented on the quotes from the paper where the AD basically says on a Tuesday that this is so important that we are going to get right to searching for a new coach 'next week'. How about let's do it NOW. Instead of worrying about who was bringing drinks into the gym, he should have been lining up interviews or finding someone who knows what a good high school football coach looks like.

This is interesting because this may be the one and about only issue I never heard raised about Mr. Brossart

If Mike Woolf ever wants to be the Head Coach at his Alma Mater, The best time for him is now. The stage is set for him to return and bring his friend Nate Roeding with him. He also has the base of Cov Cath alumni . If the story that all coaches never do it for the money is true, then that is not the deciding factor. Mikes wife is in the public system and the State retirement program. There are alumni that can help him supplement the pay if thats needed. Cov Cath needs the guy that has the passion and the knowledge and the support to return the Colonels. Only Mike Woolf knows if he is that guy. If he is, he should go for it.

There are alumni that can help him supplement the pay if thats needed. .

 

How?

Really

I have not talked to one person and friends of mind ,all football parents can not find anyone who supported the firing.

The only minority is the ones who lead Rowe to fire Broosart.

I am not sure who you have been talking to. If you were in the stands and listened at all to the overwhelming lack of respect everyone had for Brossart you cannot be surprised by this. You and your son may have liked Brossart and what he was doing, but my son was a starter for him for two years and I can assure you that the majority of his players had no respect for the man as a coach. The treatment of his players, other than a few favorites he played to, was unacceptable. My son plays multiple sports and has had many coaches he has liked and disliked, but never has he had a coach play the immature mind games like this man did. To be clear, my son started as a key player for him for two years.

I am not sure who you have been talking to. If you were in the stands and listened at all to the overwhelming lack of respect everyone had for Brossart you cannot be surprised by this. You and your son may have liked Brossart and what he was doing, but my son was a starter for him for two years and I can assure you that the majority of his players had no respect for the man as a coach. The treatment of his players, other than a few favorites he played to, was unacceptable. My son plays multiple sports and has had many coaches he has liked and disliked, but never has he had a coach play the immature mind games like this man did. To be clear, my son started as a key player for him for two years.

 

:thumb: I have always said that that is the most important factor in all of this. Honestly parents, fans, and alumni are always going to have different opinions on different issues, but what the players think and experience is really what counts. Having played under Brossart two years ago and obviously still being close with the players this year I know what goes on behind the scenes and in the locker room. If someone were to see all of that, both football and non football related, there is no way they couldn't support completely the firing of Brossart.

All this has nothing to do with the next coach.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.