Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Situation (Who is next?)

Featured Replies

My guess is that a new head coach's offense will be based on who he associates himself with as a coach now. So, for example, Woolf coaches with Nate Roedig who is the OC for Ryle. Ryle has just started to implement a spread-based offense. So, would Woolf bring along Nate and the spread?

 

Not so sure that I would say Ryle is attempting to implement a "spread" type offense. They're certainly looking to open it up a bit more than in the past, but I think the ultmate goal is to be a very balanced offense. Trust me, they are light years away from the type of spread offense that Conner runs. Probably just appears they're going the way of the "spread" after years of "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

 

And here's hoping - praying - that Wolfe stays put at Ryle. Great guy, great coach. We're lucky to have him.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure that I would say Ryle is attempting to implement a "spread" type offense. They're certainly looking to open it up a bit more than in the past, but I think the ultmate goal is to be a very balanced offense. Trust me, they are light years away from the type of spread offense that Conner runs. Probably just appears they're going the way of the "spread" after years of "3 yards and a cloud of dust."

 

And here's hoping - praying - that Wolfe stays put at Ryle. Great guy, great coach. We're lucky to have him.

 

That's why I said "spread-based." Good point though. Not a true Conner spread but a lot of flanker screens with multiple wideouts.

Closer than you know. First off look at how the football field looks now compared to how it looked before he got there. Secondly, the base you are talking about was being built when he arrived. If you do not believe that look at what the previous coach is doing at Conner.

 

Also, I think he applied last time the job was open.

 

If you are basing Coach Lickert's success on how the field looks, I dont know that I have to comment any further on this topic. After reading all the posts about the thing Coach Brossart struggled with, CCH would be very lucky to havea quality coach like Coach Lickert. He instills values that are life lessons and not only does he take great pride in the molding of men, he likes to win, just as much!

 

And if by base you mean kids not coming to practice and still getting to play, cussing like crazy, getting personal fouls, not respecting each other, problems during weights, no accoutability and horrible team morale then your right.

Doesn't something have to be said about Coach Wolfe and Coach Roedig working in the public school system (putting money away for retirement) and then moving to a private school and having the opportunity to save in that same retirement package (in the same way I do not belive that Coach Siple could aford to move back to Kentucky after working in Ohio for the last 10 years or so). Keep in mind, I do not know either of these men and do not know how long they have been in the public school system or even if they have a wife and family; therefore, it may not be an issue for them. Shoot, some guys are only concerned about coaching, I understand tha. Anyway, most young men with families always are looking at retirement and making sure they can retire when the time comes. My question is: Do you think that the retirement issue (putting into the public and starting over in a private) could come into play for either of these gentleman?

Do you think that the retirement issue (putting into the public and starting over in a private) could come into play for either of these gentleman?

 

Both retirement and current pay will have a huge impact on the number of applicants for this job.

Doesn't something have to be said about Coach Wolfe and Coach Roedig working in the public school system (putting money away for retirement) and then moving to a private school and having the opportunity to save in that same retirement package (in the same way I do not belive that Coach Siple could aford to move back to Kentucky after working in Ohio for the last 10 years or so). Keep in mind, I do not know either of these men and do not know how long they have been in the public school system or even if they have a wife and family; therefore, it may not be an issue for them. Shoot, some guys are only concerned about coaching, I understand tha. Anyway, most young men with families always are looking at retirement and making sure they can retire when the time comes. My question is: Do you think that the retirement issue (putting into the public and starting over in a private) could come into play for either of these gentleman?

 

Very well put. Money has to be an issue with a public school coach moving into this position. I may be wrong but the retirement does not transfer either way. And unless any of these public school candidates are independently wealthy, I think that it would be a difficult move to make. A non-teacher would not suprise me at all.

Closer than you know. First off look at how the football field looks now compared to how it looked before he got there. Secondly, the base you are talking about was being built when he arrived. If you do not believe that look at what the previous coach is doing at Conner.

 

Also, I think he applied last time the job was open.

 

What the heck does how the field looks have to do with anything? That field has always looked bad with that huge hump in the middle..... Yeah the base was being built before he got there with what Trosper invisioned. Your truly of base!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't something have to be said about Coach Wolfe and Coach Roedig working in the public school system (putting money away for retirement) and then moving to a private school and having the opportunity to save in that same retirement package (in the same way I do not belive that Coach Siple could aford to move back to Kentucky after working in Ohio for the last 10 years or so). Keep in mind, I do not know either of these men and do not know how long they have been in the public school system or even if they have a wife and family; therefore, it may not be an issue for them. Shoot, some guys are only concerned about coaching, I understand tha. Anyway, most young men with families always are looking at retirement and making sure they can retire when the time comes. My question is: Do you think that the retirement issue (putting into the public and starting over in a private) could come into play for either of these gentleman?

 

I don't know in theory it could. But Coach Woolfs wife has taught and coached in both public and catholic. I am sure they understand how it all works.

Coach Ray is running the conditioning program.

 

Early morning sprints coming for the boys.

Coach Ray is running the conditioning program.

 

Early morning sprints coming for the boys.

 

 

Soooooo, are you telling us that C. Ray is stepping a foot in the door?:confused:

Soooooo, are you telling us that C. Ray is stepping a foot in the door?:confused:

 

Coach Ray is on the pretend list that in some respects may not be so pretend.

Do not read to much into Ray and the winter program. Ray stepped forward because Rowe has noone else.You have 50 to 60 kids trying to improve themself also I have heard that some parents are trying to get Ted Edgeington to help out.

So who exactly is the True frontrunners for the coaching job right now.

Coach Ray is on the pretend list that in some respects may not be so pretend.

 

Maybe Ru needs to revise the "list". Or in other words, lets just cut the fat and get right to the "short" list.:D

I quess when Rowe figures out what he is doing but he better get his act together because the way the basketball team is playing spring practice only 8-9 weeks away.

I would say it is Wolfe's if he wants it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.