Glad to see it (16th region refs)

Good to see some of the ref's in the 16th start calling the foul on the defender backing under the three point shooter almost before they get the shot off. Not only is it a foul, it could be very dangerous to the shooter. I saw this all last year with hardly any calls, but this year some are noticing it and calling it. I also noticed the defender hardly ever questions the call, which would almost lead one to think the Coach is telling them to do so.

I wish things would get back to the way they once were. Referees need to determine whether fouls are during the shot or after. I have seen refs call fouls like the one you are describing (backing under the shooter) but the foul occurs AFTER the shot. NO FREE THROWS should be awarded unless it is in the bonus situation.

I wish things would get back to the way they once were. Referees need to determine whether fouls are during the shot or after. I have seen refs call fouls like the one you are describing (backing under the shooter) but the foul occurs AFTER the shot. NO FREE THROWS should be awarded unless it is in the bonus situation.

I disagree. If the shooter is still in the air after his release and a foul occurs it should be considered part of the shooting motion. Don't know if that's the rule, but that is my take on it.

My pet peeve is contact with the free throw shooter after release. If a player is boxing out contact should not be made until the ball hits the rim. That is why it is a FREE throw.

You are a shooter until your feet hits the court!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely correct. No ifs ands or buts. No decisions to be made. Black and white.........In the air = during the shot/ Feet back on the floor = after the shot.

[/b]

I disagree. If the shooter is still in the air after his release and a foul occurs it should be considered part of the shooting motion. Don't know if that's the rule, but that is my take on it.

My pet peeve is contact with the free throw shooter after release. If a player is boxing out contact should not be made until the ball hits the rim. That is why it is a FREE throw.

In high school players are not allowed to enter the lane until the ball hits the rim.....

Hopefully this gets called on all levels because if not it will eventually lead to a very sreious injury. Something that may cost a kid a scholly. I started threads on this subject the last two years or so & sure hope it continues to be called. It would be great to see it become a "point of emphasis"