Fantasy RB situation...

Okay I am going into my playoffs as the top team in points in my league with the best margins of victory for the season. I am matched up with the 2nd highest point scorer so far and on top of that this guy has lost to me at everything he has competed against me in so far. Football, poker, etc. Needless to say insane bragging rights are on the line here.

I have been using Steve Slaton and Maurice Jones-Drew all season(for the most part) but Steven Jackson is kinda healthy and may well play against the Seahawks which is a good matchup. Thing is, I have a hard time trusting him and would rather play the others because of simple security.

My opponent on the other hand has Westbrook, which frankly gives me some concern. Jackson, when I played him against this guy earlier this year, put up 35 in my 60 point victory over him previously. I kind of want to start him, but I am uncertain.

Thoughts?

Jones-Drew and Jackson.

Slaton has the toughest matchup vs. Tennessee. He did have 116 yards and a TD against them in Week Two. Also, in that initial matchup, Slaton had a 50 yard run...take that away and he has 66 yards on 17 carries. Take away a second run of 25 yards and you have 16 carries for 41 yards. So, two questions...

1. Do you think Tennessee will be more prepared to face Slaton after playing against him once and looking at a season's worth of tape?

2. How confident are you that Slaton can break that big gain to put him over the top, because its not like he was chewing Tennessee up in the first matchup? He averaged less than 3 yards per carry on 16 carries...and had 75 yards on the other 2. And, one additional fact...in that first matchup, Slaton had 9 carries for 104 yards and a TD in the first half. In the second, he had 9 carries for 12 yards. So, there is reason to think the Titans can adjust and bottle him up.

Just me two cents...

Edited by 5wide

Jones-Drew and Jackson.

Slaton has the toughest matchup vs. Tennessee. He did have 116 yards and a TD against them in Week Two. Also, in that initial matchup, Slaton had a 50 yard run...take that away and he has 66 yards on 17 carries. Take away a second run of 25 yards and you have 16 carries for 41 yards. So, two questions...

1. Do you think Tennessee will be more prepared to face Slaton after playing against him once and looking at a season's worth of tape?

2. How confident are you that Slaton can break that big gain to put him over the top, because its not like he was chewing Tennessee up in the first matchup? He averaged less than 3 yards per carry on 16 carries...and had 75 yards on the other 2. And, one additional fact...in that first matchup, Slaton had 9 carries for 104 yards and a TD in the first half. In the second, he had 9 carries for 12 yards. So, there is reason to think the Titans can adjust and bottle him up.

Just me two cents...

You can't take away runs. :lol:

Slaton has been producing pretty well lately. He ripped off a few big runs against Jacksonville too. I expect him to pound out some good yardage and a TD or two against the Titans, regardless of how good their run D is.

Jones Drew is iffy. He might do well, but he might do terrible. I'd go with Slaton and Jackson or Slaton and Jones Drew.

I heard Taylor is out as well, but Jaxx is playing awful, but so is GB defense.

The green bay defense is without Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett...and isn't AJ Hawk hurt too?

They aren't good anymore because of injuries...so Jones Drew might have a big day.

I wouldn't bench MJD. He's getting all the carries this week with Taylor injured and going up against a poor run defense. Slaton has a tough matchup and SJax has been so unpredictable, but I think I'd go with Slaton. At least you know he's playing and won't split carries.

On a regular day I would say Slaton and MJD, but looking at their matchups I would have to go with SJax over Slaton.

Slaton against Tennessee's defense does not look so good, but Steven Jackson going up against Seattle after getting 21 and 19 touches the last 2 weeks has the potential to be a BIG game.

I would take the risk on Steven Jackson along with MJD set to tear up Green Bay.

You can't take away runs. :lol:

Slaton has been producing pretty well lately. He ripped off a few big runs against Jacksonville too. I expect him to pound out some good yardage and a TD or two against the Titans, regardless of how good their run D is.

Jones Drew is iffy. He might do well, but he might do terrible. I'd go with Slaton and Jackson or Slaton and Jones Drew.

Just giving you the reasons why I'd start Jones-Drew and Jackson and leave Slaton on the bench...

If you start Slaton in this game against Tennessee, then you're relying totally on him breaking one or two big runs, because he's not going to hammer out 4 or 5 yards per carry...

Some food for thought...over the past 6 weeks...

MJD - 90 fantasy points

Slaton - 86 fantasy points

Past 8 weeks...

MJD - 119 fantasy points

Slaton - 112 fantasy points

MJD faces Green Bay. Slaton faces Tennessee.

The choice is clear alright, but its not Steve Slaton.

Just giving you the reasons why I'd start Jones-Drew and Jackson and leave Slaton on the bench...

If you start Slaton in this game against Tennessee, then you're relying totally on him breaking one or two big runs, because he's not going to hammer out 4 or 5 yards per carry...

Some food for thought...over the past 6 weeks...

MJD - 90 fantasy points

Slaton - 86 fantasy points

Past 8 weeks...

MJD - 119 fantasy points

Slaton - 112 fantasy points

MJD faces Green Bay. Slaton faces Tennessee.

The choice is clear alright, but its not Steve Slaton.

You gave me reasons to start MJD over Slaton, but what about Jackson? In his two games back he has been very average. Slaton scored 17 in his last outing against Tennessee and he scored 30, and 16 in his last two games.

You gave me reasons to start MJD over Slaton, but what about Jackson? In his two games back he has been very average. Slaton scored 17 in his last outing against Tennessee and he scored 30, and 16 in his last two games.

Pretty simply, because I think Tennessee will shut Slaton down for the most part. At worst, I figured he and Jackson will have similar days.

I like the odds of Jackson having a big game vs. Seattle better than Slaton doing it against Tennessee.