Fantasy RB situation...

Jackson - 18 points (91 rushing, 36 receiving, TD)

Jones-Drew - 18 points (48 rushing, 22 receiving, 2 TD)

Slaton - 11 points (100 rushing, 15 receiving)

So, who did you end up starting? I did a nice job with this advice...:D

Slaton popped a couple of nice runs in the last two minutes to get his #'s more respectable.

He had 24 carries for 100 yards...

First 58 minutes = 20 carries, 52 yards

Last 2 minutes = 4 carries, 48 yards

So, he basically added 5 points to his fantasy total at the end. Like I said before, if you go with Slaton you're basically betting on him hitting a homerun because he's not going to pound out yardage. The problem is he never reached the end zone.

I was leaning in that direction to begin with, I just needed a friendly push. :D

Now I just run into the same problem for next week too! :irked:

I'm not sure you can go wrong this week...

Slaton (@ Oakland)

MJD (vs. Indy)

Jackson (vs. SF)

But, allow me to make my suggestion...:lol:

Who knows? I might get it right again.

First, Steve Slaton is a must start this week because his matchup is by far the best. The Raiders defense has allowed the 4th most points to running backs this season. Teams have ran all over them recently...

Check out what the Pats "vaunted" three-headed monster (Morris, Faulk, Jordan) did to them last week...

32 rushes, 259 yards (8.1 ypc), 2 TD

6 receptions, 66 yards (11.0 ypc), 1 TD

Good for 48 fantasy points.

Definitely start Slaton.

The 'Niners defense, surprisingly, hasn't been as bad as I thought against the run (fantasy-wise). They've allowed the 11th most, but they've been playing better lately, so I'd take that into account.

The Colts defense has allowed the 7th most fantasy points. But, if you look closer, teams with strong ground games and good backs have fared quite well against them...their numbers have been boosted a bit by facing Cleveland, Cincy and Detroit the past 3 weeks.

Week One - Matt Forte - 123 yards, TD, 18 receiving (19)

Week Two - Adrian Peterson - 160 yards, 20 receiving (18)

Week Five - Steve Slaton - 93 yards, 2 TD (21)

Week Seven - Ryan Grant - 105 yards, TD (16)

Week Eight - Johnson/White - 90 yards, 3 TD, 19 receiving (28)

Week Ten - Mewelde Moore - 57 yards, 2 TD, 48 receiving (21)

Week Eleven - Steve Slaton - 156 yards, TD (21)

But, the kicker is MJD's track record against them...in Week 3...

Jones-Drew - 107 rushing, 59 receiving, TD (21)

Fred Taylor - 121 rushing (12)

Remember, that was when those two were still splitting time evenly. MJD is getting more of the workload now, so his numbers could be even better. He's got 14 TD's this year (12 rushing and 2 receiving).

Jones-Drew has scored at least one TD in every game he's played against the Colts. Here's his numbers...

2006 @ Indy - 103 rushing, 32 receiving, TD (19)

2006 vs. Indy - 166 rushing, 15 receiving, 2 TD (29)

2007 vs. Indy - 52 rushing, 17 receiving, TD (12)

2007 @ Indy - 52 rushing, 5 receiving, TD (11)

Add in this year's numbers to-date and in his career vs. Indy through 5 games...

71 rushes, 480 yards (6.8 ypc), 5 TD

13 receptions, 128 yards (9.8 ypc), TD

An "average" game for him would be 96 yards rushing, 25 receiving and a TD or two.

So, I think my suggestion would be Slaton and MJD this week. But, let me say, just for the record, I never feel good about leaving Steven Jackson on the bench. I think he's one of the two or three most gifted backs in the league and he's capable of ripping off a big game against anybody. So, I wouldn't fault you for choosing him. :thumb:

But, allow me to make my suggestion...:lol:

Who knows? I might get it right again.

First, Steve Slaton is a must start this week because his matchup is by far the best. The Raiders defense has allowed the 4th most points to running backs this season. Teams have ran all over them recently...

Check out what the Pats "vaunted" three-headed monster (Morris, Faulk, Jordan) did to them last week...

32 rushes, 259 yards (8.1 ypc), 2 TD

6 receptions, 66 yards (11.0 ypc), 1 TD

Good for 48 fantasy points.

Definitely start Slaton.

The 'Niners defense, surprisingly, hasn't been as bad as I thought against the run (fantasy-wise). They've allowed the 11th most, but they've been playing better lately, so I'd take that into account.

The Colts defense has allowed the 7th most fantasy points. But, if you look closer, teams with strong ground games and good backs have fared quite well against them...their numbers have been boosted a bit by facing Cleveland, Cincy and Detroit the past 3 weeks.

Week One - Matt Forte - 123 yards, TD, 18 receiving (19)

Week Two - Adrian Peterson - 160 yards, 20 receiving (18)

Week Five - Steve Slaton - 93 yards, 2 TD (21)

Week Seven - Ryan Grant - 105 yards, TD (16)

Week Eight - Johnson/White - 90 yards, 3 TD, 19 receiving (28)

Week Ten - Mewelde Moore - 57 yards, 2 TD, 48 receiving (21)

Week Eleven - Steve Slaton - 156 yards, TD (21)

But, the kicker is MJD's track record against them...in Week 3...

Jones-Drew - 107 rushing, 59 receiving, TD (21)

Fred Taylor - 121 rushing (12)

Remember, that was when those two were still splitting time evenly. MJD is getting more of the workload now, so his numbers could be even better. He's got 14 TD's this year (12 rushing and 2 receiving).

Jones-Drew has scored at least one TD in every game he's played against the Colts. Here's his numbers...

2006 @ Indy - 103 rushing, 32 receiving, TD (19)

2006 vs. Indy - 166 rushing, 15 receiving, 2 TD (29)

2007 vs. Indy - 52 rushing, 17 receiving, TD (12)

2007 @ Indy - 52 rushing, 5 receiving, TD (11)

Add in this year's numbers to-date and in his career vs. Indy through 5 games...

71 rushes, 480 yards (6.8 ypc), 5 TD

13 receptions, 128 yards (9.8 ypc), TD

An "average" game for him would be 96 yards rushing, 25 receiving and a TD or two.

So, I think my suggestion would be Slaton and MJD this week. But, let me say, just for the record, I never feel good about leaving Steven Jackson on the bench. I think he's one of the two or three most gifted backs in the league and he's capable of ripping off a big game against anybody. So, I wouldn't fault you for choosing him. :thumb:

I think I am just going to come to you for advice from now on. :lol:

I will probably bench Jackson, not just because of matchups but also because he injured his head and I don't want someone who will be a game time decision to hurt me in the title game.

Although I will be honest with you I can't expect my team to perform like it did again next week. The fewest points I got from any player was the 11 I got from the Titan's D. :D