Would you take your child to a Bengals game?

I wouldn't take them to the Pitt or Cleveland games.

True, I have a 12 year old and those are the only games he is not allowed to go to. Of course, he is not interested in going anymore mostly because they are boring to watch!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the restrooms are the worst part, some drunk fool is always giving it to the opposing fans during potty breaks. I sit in the south endzone where they banned beer vendors last weekend. I sit around some rowdy fans, and a few can get a bit too rowdy but other than a Pittsburgh fan nearly beaning my wife with a beer bottle, it isn't a bad experience. I think it's rediculous how some idiots treat opposing fans.

^I've never seen anything bad happen before or after the games. I've seen one altercation in the past 3 years during a game, and that's it. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but if you're going to go to a game and wear the oppositions jersey you should be able to take it.

We always have a good time with fans from the opposing teams. We goofed off with Steeler fans this past week, Browns fans a couple weeks ago, and Titans fans the first week. It's all a matter of trying to have a good time. Most fans that just sit there all serious and don't try to interact with other fans are the ones that seem to have the worst time.

^I've never seen anything bad happen before or after the games. I've seen one altercation in the past 3 years during a game, and that's it. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but if you're going to go to a game and wear the oppositions jersey you should be able to take it.

We always have a good time with fans from the opposing teams. We goofed off with Steeler fans this past week, Browns fans a couple weeks ago, and Titans fans the first week. It's all a matter of trying to have a good time. Most fans that just sit there all serious and don't try to interact with other fans are the ones that seem to have the worst time.

Nor have I, my reference was more toward those who consumed more than they should and the homeless, which were very apparent in traveling to the stadiums.

I can understand that and to see some real interesting folks after a game, should go to Detroit and Cleveland....:eek:

It isn't just me that this has happened to.

My cousin (a Green Bay Packers fan) nearly had to fight a group of drunk idiot Bengal fans because he they tried to knock his cheese head off of his head.

Another friend (packers fan) told me he saw a lady get beer poured all over her, during the game.

I've heard numerous stories about idiots at Bengals games. And I realize it happens in a lot of places, but not all of them. The two times I went to New York, I didn't see one opposing fan catch any heat. Giants fans are harder on the Giants than they are on opposing fans. :lol: I also didn't have it bad in Tennessee or Atlanta. Actually, Atlanta fans were very very nice.

So you would be okay with drunk idiots getting in your mother and your girlfriends face, and flipping them off and cursing them? I doubt you would be. This was no "having a good time". I can take some friendly joking, and that's what I did with the people who sat around me. But the people when we were leaving were complete jerks. If I had been with a few buddies, it would have been different. But I was with my family. We will never go back to Cincinnati for a game, ever.

Oh, and there's a reason that the Bengals have started using a "Jerk Hotline" :lol:.

So you would be okay with drunk idiots getting in your mother and your girlfriends face, and flipping them off and cursing them? I doubt you would be. This was no "having a good time". I can take some friendly joking, and that's what I did with the people who sat around me. But the people when we were leaving were complete jerks. If I had been with a few buddies, it would have been different. But I was with my family. We will never go back to Cincinnati for a game, ever.

Oh, and there's a reason that the Bengals have started using a "Jerk Hotline" :lol:.

I'd laugh at them. Any time anyone has used profanity or been vulgar to an opposing fan they would just laugh, and the person would stop.

I've been to the past 19 home games, and I've never once seen anything bad. You went once and had a bad incident. Not an indication of Bengals fans, but oh well.

This weekend in the endzone all beer was sold in cups because of someone throwing a bottle on the field at the last game. I think that is great. I was at the Cleveland game and saw someone throw the beer bottle and the first thing I thought was how it makes the entire fan base look bad.

I'd laugh at them. Any time anyone has used profanity or been vulgar to an opposing fan they would just laugh, and the person would stop.

I've been to the past 19 home games, and I've never once seen anything bad. You went once and had a bad incident. Not an indication of Bengals fans, but oh well.

I went once, but like I stated before, I know others who have had similar experiences there. Maybe you don't see it because you are a Bengals fan.

I went once, but like I stated before, I know others who have had similar experiences there. Maybe you don't see it because you are a Bengals fan.

No, I don't see it because it isn't there any more than anywhere else....I'm sure if I went to a Giants game in NY looking for incidents I could find them too....

I find that hard to believe. I've been to about 8 and the only game that wasn't bad was the Ravens Thursday night game.

You are talking about yourself though. The issue is, do you feel comfortable enough with the behavior of adults at Bengals games to take you child? If you don't have a child, would you want your niece, nephew, or cousins subjected to the crowd?