Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BG bids to host state finals

Featured Replies

  • Replies 286
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not really against it. I like having it at Papa John's, but a change/rotation of venues might not be the worst thing. If it didn't work, change it back.

Some "interesting" comments from the Bowling Green folks:

 

“I don’t think Louisville does a lot for the teams,” he said. “Louisville is almost too big. This is something the entire city will be involved in.”

 

“Amy has done a great job of putting together a bid that’s not only competitive...but I think when they look at it in terms of money, it will be even better and the community involvement is so much better than it is in Louisville.”

It will never move to BG, thats for sure...

Please no, pretty please no.

I think it will hurt overall attendance but I will support it if the KHSAA moves it to WKU.

I agree that in such a smaller community it could have more of a "high school game" feel instead of a 75% empty stadium like at Papa Johns

How many seats is WKU supposed to have in their new stadium?

I would love a move to Western ... it would provide a better atmosphere, in my opinion, and I'm sure Bowling Green has a good case to make the finals more of an "event" than it is in Louisville.

Does WKU have a Brown and Williamson? If not a double no no.

Does WKU have a Brown and Williamson? If not a double no no.
Agreed. :thumb:

 

I hope they don't go there. Just too far away.

Does WKU have a Brown and Williamson? If not a double no no.

 

 

That is the biggest reason I don't want it moved. I actually have a friend who lives down there so room and board isn't that big of a deal to me.

The amenities far surpass anything WKU could provide for in game pleasure. As far as after the game, Louisville is the biggest city in Kentucky, I've stayed at both more than enough and you cannot beat the hotels, restaurants and nightlife that the Ville' brings to this event. I cannot wait to see WKU pitch for this.

If Bowling Green gets the right sponsorship of the event ($$$$$$$$$$$$) than it will go to Bowling Green.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.