Palin Ethics Investigation?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Palin Could Be Deposed

Regardless of the facts of the case, she will be missing time campaigning. Not good publicity.

It is doubtful that a deposition will have any impact on the campaign schedule. There is no reason that a lawyer or two could not depose her during a western campaign swing. I am sure that Palin and McCain are anxious to have the investigation wrapped up as soon as possible.

It is doubtful that a deposition will have any impact on the campaign schedule. There is no reason that a lawyer or two could not depose her during a western campaign swing. I am sure that Palin and McCain are anxious to have the investigation wrapped up as soon as possible.

I suppose they could. I was under the impressions she would have to fly back to Alaska.

I suppose they could. I was under the impressions she would have to fly back to Alaska.

What is the penalty for abuse of office, if she is found guilty. Often the penalty for lying to the special investigator is worse then one would get from being found guilty of the crime, ie Scotter.

What is the penalty for abuse of office, if she is found guilty. Often the penalty for lying to the special investigator is worse then one would get from being found guilty of the crime, ie Scotter.
News flash! Palin has not been accused of abusing the power of her office. Why not acquaint yourself with the facts surrounding the investigation before speculating about jail time for Palin. :lol:

News flash! Palin has not been accused of abusing the power of her office. Why not acquaint yourself with the facts surrounding the investigation before speculating about jail time for Palin. :lol:

Notice the "if she is found quilty" qualifier in my statement? Calm down. I know you are stressed because your VP canidate is up the creek already, but read the complete statement before commenting.

Notice the "if she is found quilty" qualifier in my statement? Calm down. I know you are stressed because your VP canidate is up the creek already, but read the complete statement before commenting.
Guilty of what? Palin has not been personally accused of any improper actions and she has not been charged with anything.

I could just as easily ask if Barack Obama is found guilty of accepting a bribe from Tony Rezko, do you think that it will have an impact on the election?

In this country, guilt or innocence of crimes is determined after charges have been filed and a trial held. It is a little premature to speculate about jail time, doncha think? :lol:

Actually, she has stated that she had no input in trying to get her ex-brother in law fired, but both her and her husband have contacted his boss by phone, in person and through emails before she fired his boss for not firing her brother in law. At minimum, this makes her a liar. My only question, since there seem to be so fokes on hear with a backgroung in the law was, what is the penealty IF the special investigator finds her quilty of abuse of her office.

Actually, she has stated that she had no input in trying to get her ex-brother in law fired, but both her and her husband have contacted his boss by phone, in person and through emails before she fired his boss for not firing her brother in law. At minimum, this makes her a liar. My only question, since there seem to be so fokes on hear with a backgroung in the law was, what is the penealty IF the special investigator finds her quilty of abuse of her office.
Can you provide any evidence that Palin fired Monegan because he refused to fire her former brother-in-law? Despite your claim, nothing that you have or will find "makes her a liar." The investigators have praised the cooperation that Palin has given to them, so they obviously do not believe that she has lied to them.

Can you provide any evidence that Palin fired Monegan because he refused to fire her former brother-in-law? Despite your claim, nothing that you have or will find "makes her a liar." The investigators have praised the cooperation that Palin has given to them, so they obviously do not believe that she has lied to them.

Then why are they proceeding with a special investigator ? Sometimes too much cooperation is a red flag.

Then why are they proceeding with a special investigator ? Sometimes too much cooperation is a red flag.
Her critics demanded an investigation and she basically said, "Bring it on!" Go the the Anchorage Daily News website and you can find all the publicly available information on this issue, without the spin being applied by the Obama smear machine. McCain was apparently convinced that little or nothing will come of the investigation because the investigation is not news to him.