Great article on Holmes.

mexitucky

Great Article. I don't know who is rewarded the most; the players that are inspired and shown that they can shape their future thru hard work and dedication by a caring coach or the coach that sees great athletes using thier talent and carving out a successful future for themselves.

Great Article. I don't know who is rewarded the most; the players that are inspired and shown that they can shape their future thru hard work and dedication by a caring coach or the coach that sees great athletes using thier talent and carving out a successful future for themselves.

The latter...

Holmes has some raw talent and a lot of those kids have bought into Coach Lickert's philosophy. That was half the battle.

I witnessed a kid almost react to a shove after the whistle, only to be corralled by another teammate. I'm not sure any of the coaches saw it live but I did. The teammate sounded EXACTLY like Coach Lickert, calmed his brother down and they moved on to the next play with their assignment on their mind, not retaliation. At one point in time, that wouldn't have happened.............

As for the article, Regal Lowe is fun to watch...

The latter...

Holmes has some raw talent and a lot of those kids have bought into Coach Lickert's philosophy. That was half the battle.

I witnessed a kid almost react to a shove after the whistle, only to be corralled by another teammate. I'm not sure any of the coaches saw it live but I did. The teammate sounded EXACTLY like Coach Lickert, calmed his brother down and they moved on to the next play with their assignment on their mind, not retaliation. At one point in time, that wouldn't have happened.............

As for the article, Regal Lowe is fun to watch...

If Steve says that he is a "physcial specimen" then I believe him. Steve's very honest. I think that there is a lot to respect about that. Seems like his players do.