Devin Hester plays hardball

Return of the return man: Hester reports to Bears camp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8098157f&template=with-video&confirm=true

He's my 2nd favorite player in the league behind R. Moss.

He was just (I know...Just) getting $445,000 a year & he said that wasn't enough. I agree. You gotta pay the bigger bucks to the best kick returner of all time.

For those that think Hester deserves a big payday, what do you pay him? Yes, he's one of the best returners the game has seen. However, teams showed you can take that away by punting out-of-bounds. He's pretty much shown that he cannot play receiver, unless it's now legal for a quarterback to kick the ball to him since that's the only ball he can catch. However, they're talking about him being the number one this year. :confused: But again, we're talking Chicago.

For those that think Hester deserves a big payday, what do you pay him? Yes, he's one of the best returners the game has seen. However, teams showed you can take that away by punting out-of-bounds. He's pretty much shown that he cannot play receiver, unless it's now legal for a quarterback to kick the ball to him since that's the only ball he can catch. However, they're talking about him being the number one this year. :confused: But again, we're talking Chicago.

You don't think he should at least be getting paid 7 digits per season?

He is going to have more than enough chances to show what kind of WR he can be this year.

If he doesn't pan out on offense this year, there is no way the Bears should pay him insane money for just being a kick returner, no matter how great he is.

If Hester can put in the work and become a great talent on offense, then he will deserve big time money.

You don't think he should at least be getting paid 7 digits per season?

Does he deserve more than he's making now? Yeah. How much? Not that much right now IMO.

He is going to have more than enough chances to show what kind of WR he can be this year.

If he doesn't pan out on offense this year, there is no way the Bears should pay him insane money for just being a kick returner, no matter how great he is.

If Hester can put in the work and become a great talent on offense, then he will deserve big time money.

Didn't he have a chance to play receiver last year, but couldn't catch the ball? If he can prove he can play receiver too on a regular basis, then he should deserve a hefty raise. However, to demand that type of money right now, I wouldn't pay it. It's just way too easy to keep the ball away from him right now.

Does he deserve more than he's making now? Yeah. How much? Not that much right now IMO.

Didn't he have a chance to play receiver last year, but couldn't catch the ball? If he can prove he can play receiver too on a regular basis, then he should deserve a hefty raise. However, to command that type of money right now, I wouldn't pay it. It's just way too easy to keep the ball away from him right now.

I would agree he doesn't deserve big time money yet. Yes, he did "try" and play WR last year and sucked big time. Course he could blame the QB, wouldn't be original, but that could excuse could apply at times. :lol:

I'm still not sure what you guys consider "big money" in the NFL. No, he doesn't deserve to be paid $15 Million or even $10 Million but you better believe I think he should at least be paid $1 Mill.

So can you guys be more specific on what you think he deserves to make?

The guy has 4 All Time League Records!

- Most touchdowns returns in a season - (6) (2006, 2007)

- Most touchdowns kick and punt returns in a season - (6) (2007)

- Most touchdown returns as a rookie (6) - (2006)

- Most touchdown returns in one game (2) - Against St. Louis on December 11, 2006 and Denver Broncos on November 25, 2007

Oh yeah, He's been in the League for 2 Seasons!

I'm still not sure what you guys consider "big money" in the NFL. No, he doesn't deserve to be paid $15 Million or even $10 Million but you better believe I think he should at least be paid $1 Mill.

So can you guys be more specific on what you think he deserves to make?

The guy has 4 All Time League Records!

- Most touchdowns returns in a season - (6) (2006, 2007)

- Most touchdowns kick and punt returns in a season - (6) (2007)

- Most touchdown returns as a rookie (6) - (2006)

- Most touchdown returns in one game (2) - Against St. Louis on December 11, 2006 and Denver Broncos on November 25, 2007

Oh yeah, He's been in the League for 2 Seasons!

He'd probably garner something around the million mark. However, I guarantee that he doesn't reach these type of numbers again. Most teams have learned to just kick away from him.

Bears sign Hester to 4 year deal...

The four-year deal is worth at least $30 million, of which $15 million is guaranteed. But according to a source, it also includes a $10 million roster bonus in the final year if Hester reaches performance levels of a No. 1 receiver over the course of the contract. The bonus "de-escalates" to account for performance below the level of a No. 1 receiver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3507118

More than I thought he was worth but A WHOLE LOT more than you guys thought he was worth...

:lol: :dancingpa

Edited by ScarHeel