St. Xavier 11 Ballard 1

11 X hits and 6 Bruin errors proved to be too much to overcome for Ballard. Ballard struck early going up 1-0 nothing and then I heard had 3 errors in the bottom of the 1st. One to allow Sweeney to get on and then I heard the catcher made a bad throw on the steal and the CF missed the ball as well. X would score 3 more in the 3rd or 4th off a couple hits and some errors going up 4-1.

X's bats exploded in the bottom of the 5th. Ryan Cline ropes a double down the left field line to start the rally followed by several X hits. Cline would come up again in the inning and hit a walk off double to right field line to score Kal Scheler from 2nd.

Ballard had a rough day in the field, but even without the errors, Moesby pitched well and X proved to be too much for Ballard to handle. X played a pretty solid game overall.

Now they have to focus on Eastern tomorrow night. Eastern will be looking to take X to the woodshed tomorrow night. They will be looking to avenge a regular season loss to X's sophomores and hand full of juniors. According to some people around UofL today Eastern ran for almost a half hour after their game with Whitefield Academy after what I am guessing is a sub-par performance. If X comes out and hits the ball well, Amlung pitches well, and X plays solid D, then I look for X to move on into the 7th region championship.

GOod Job by the Tigers, stay focused and fight to play another day.:thumb: