Celena Conley update!

Celena conley of Johnson Central is looking hopeful that she will be back for girls basketball season. She had her surgery for her ACL, MCL, and Maniskis (spelling ?) May 5th. But is doing great. Just figured i would update everyone.

Celena conley of Johnson Central is looking hopeful that she will be back for girls basketball season. She had her surgery for her ACL, MCL, and Maniskis (spelling ?) May 5th. But is doing great. Just figured i would update everyone.

When did she hurt her knee? Seems like I have heard of a lot of girls from the far Eastern part of the state blowing their knees out. Heather Sturdivant from Perry Central, Kendra Thomas from Knott Central, Conley from Johnson Central, and although Powell County is not the far eastern part of the state but Shelby Barnett messed her knee up as well.

Both Sturdivant and Thomas had surgery last month and the last I heard they both are doing very well. Good luck Celena and never give up.

What is the prognosis for recovery? I know three years ago I tore my meniscus and I was back to work in a couple of weeks. But, her injury sounds a lot worst than mine.

Please keep us updated. :thumb:

What is the prognosis for recovery? I know three years ago I tore my meniscus and I was back to work in a couple of weeks. But, her injury sounds a lot worst than mine.

That is alot to repair in one surgery. What hospital and Dr did her surgery? My son had the micro-fracture surgery for his meniscus last year and it was not successful. Everything seem fine till right before Christmas and he just started limping for no reason. He is now having to have more surgeries to try and repair the damage. Yes, please keep us updated.

Usually 6 months is the min. it could take over a year though. I am sure as with any athlete she wants to get back as soon as possible but there is a such thing as over doing it. If not careful during physical therapy one cane re-injury themself and not mean to.

Usually 6 months is the min. it could take over a year though. I am sure as with any athlete she wants to get back as soon as possible but there is a such thing as over doing it. If not careful during physical therapy one cane re-injury themself and not mean to.

I hope she can make a full recovery and make it back to the court.

• 2 weeks later...

She got hurt during the Bell county softball Tourny she collided with another girl. She had her surgery May 5th. She is doing really well right know she has one more week of no weight at all she has been going toPT everyday and had full range of motion after the first week. She is doing great. Keep her in your prayers. She is more than likely going to miss volleyball but should be back in time for Basketball..

That is alot to repair in one surgery. What hospital and Dr did her surgery? My son had the micro-fracture surgery for his meniscus last year and it was not successful. Everything seem fine till right before Christmas and he just started limping for no reason. He is now having to have more surgeries to try and repair the damage. Yes, please keep us updated.

She went to Dr. Ireland In lexington

Yep she is doing none weight bareing exercises. For awhile and hopes to get in the pool soon.

She got hurt during the Bell county softball Tourny she collided with another girl. She had her surgery May 5th. She is doing really well right know she has one more week of no weight at all she has been going toPT everyday and had full range of motion after the first week. She is doing great. Keep her in your prayers. She is more than likely going to miss volleyball but should be back in time for Basketball..

Wow. That's great she is doing so well but as I said earlier she doesn't need to over due it. Already having full range and motion is great but she might want to be careful with it. I talked to Sturdivant and Thomas, both of which had surgery in April, and they both talked like Dr. Ireland had made restrictions as to how far they were allowed to bend their knee. I believe it was 90 degrees. Sturdivant had the same surgery as Conley as well.

Wow. That's great she is doing so well but as I said earlier she doesn't need to over due it. Already having full range and motion is great but she might want to be careful with it. I talked to Sturdivant and Thomas, both of which had surgery in April, and they both talked like Dr. Ireland had made restrictions as to how far they were allowed to bend their knee. I believe it was 90 degrees. Sturdivant had the same surgery as Conley as well.

Yes she has limitations to that Ireland sent to PT. She doesnt do any movements or exercises on her own. I will keep you updated.

That is great news! Please tell her not to over do it and good luck.