New Field Surfaces

You would think Holmes would be next, two teams play home games there.

This was addressed probably 5 years ago when Mike Farley was the coach at Holmes. The plan was to split the cost with HC and allow them to also use the field for other activities such as soccer, jv/frosh football but the HC administrators didn't want to pony up the money since Holmes would have full access to it every day for practice and HC would only have it for games.

Not really fair IMO considering Holmes lets HC use their field for free and doesn't make them pay any maintenance fees that comes with the rigors of having boys and girls soccer teams plus two varsity football, a JV, and freshman teams using it as well.

Word is that Whitley County is going to be installing a synththic turf field at their new complex. The will have grass practice field for both soccer and football, but the game field will be turf. I am sure that both teams will practice on the game field, although soccer should not bother football for a couple of years.

At Approximately $750, 000 you could re-sod a field for many years.

How long are these things suppose to last? I heard Lex Cath had one of the first and it is starting to show it's age. Can they be rehabed?

At Approximately $750, 000 you could re-sod a field for many years.

Very true, but could you re-sod 3 fields (Game, Practice, Soccer) Water, Cut, and Paint these fields for many years or just a few?

Field Turf is great for a school as it allows you to do so much on the field without worring about tearing it up.

I have heard from several folks that Staph infection is a growing concern with these fields.

You are correct, as it is in all things concerning athletics, I work for a company that has been taking care of weight rooms/locker rooms for many school's in KY,WV and Ohio. If anyone is interested in this service to keep staph out these areas, please PM me and I will tell you more about it.