Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo.

Featured Replies

Every time we have been to the Cincinnati Zoo the animals have never been out and I don't like the city either!
Sorry you had a bad experience for some reason. I can assure you, neither is typical.
  • Replies 95
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember Cincy having more shade and better monkeys.
I think the Chamber of Commerce is thinking of going with that as a new slogan. :cool:

 

 

Cincinnati USA: More shade - Better Monkeys!

I've never been to the Louisville Zoo, so my vote may be biased, but I say the Cincinnati Zoo. It has a new giraffe exhibit where you are basically standing eye level with them. If I'm not mistaken, you can actually pet and feed them. It looks to be pretty cool. We have a family pass there, and with the little one, we'll be going quite frequently (actually going Sunday, weather permitting). Bring them back up around Christmas for the Festival of Lights.

I have been to both, I love the Cincy zoo, but the louisville is a nice change when you have been to one zoo a lot. we do a buy a pass though b/c we love it there. So I would say come to cincy first. HOpe you have fun and let us know what you think.

I like the Louisville Zoo too. I think it's easy to get around. The Gorrilla exhibit is pretty neat too as long as the line isn't crazy. It's best to go on an odd day like a Tues before it heats up. It's been a long time since I've been to Cincy (probably when they got the first Bengal Tiger:)

I've been to both, and I like the Cincinnati Zoo much better. Maybe it was me, but it seemed like when I went to the Louisville Zoo there were a lot of walkways that pretty much were pointless. We didn't have a map but could recognize where we had been and hadn't been but a lot of times there was nothing down the different ways. Does that make sense? And as said, Louisville Zoo is very hilly. I think Cincinnati is easier to navigate too...

 

 

I believe that the Cincinnati Zoo has the second most total number of species to the San Diego Zoo...

BGP has a good primate section.

 

They call it the "Late-nighters threads.":cool:

 

Hey now..

How is it that Louisville says they have 1,300 animals and Cincinnati says they only have 500?

 

Louisville must be counting their insects individually. :D

If I had to only pick one, I honestly would pick Cincinnati. It has some really amazing attractions that go beyond what the standard zoo offers. But you really should try to see both at some point, if you can. Oh, and if you come to the Cincinnati Zoo, you can take a side-trip to the Newport Aquarium. It's worth the trip in itself!

 

Agreed

Agreed

 

I used to work at the aquarium and I got in trouble with my boss many times for just stopping to watch the sharks and penguins.:cool::sssh:

The Louisville Zoo is in a very safe area of town, I am not sure if you can say the same thing about the Cincy Zoo. Last time I went to the Cincy Zoo there were kids throwing bricks at cars.

The Louisville Zoo is in a very safe area of town, I am not sure if you can say the same thing about the Cincy Zoo. Last time I went to the Cincy Zoo there were kids throwing bricks at cars.

 

My point exactly. Nice Zoo. Very dangerous neighborhood.

I like the Louisville Zoo too. I think it's easy to get around. The Gorrilla exhibit is pretty neat too as long as the line isn't crazy. It's best to go on an odd day like a Tues before it heats up. It's been a long time since I've been to Cincy (probably when they got the first Bengal Tiger:)

 

Do you make a stop at the jail too?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.