June 11, 200818 yr Thanks for the infor. but I don't think we can handed two big events in one day. We will keep the Newport Aquarium in mind one day, maybe 2009 or 10. Remember,we're grandparents are not getting any younger. We took our kids to the Cincinnati Zoo last summer and the Aquarium. They were 5 and 2. We went to the Zoo right when they opened when it was cooler and spent about 5 hours there. From there we went ate lunch at Newport on the Levee and spent the hot afternoon in the air conditioned Aquarium. We had a blast. I've heard the Columbus Zoo is very nice and I've not been there.
June 11, 200818 yr Author Just got back a while ago,a very nice Zoo there,lots of shade and places to rest these old bones of ours.Grandskids had a ball love it,and even the Grandparents like it too.We did saw a white alligator (I think he turn white when it saw me)lol.Took lots of pictures also.Again very nice would go again. PS-Very easy to find,no problems at all.Everything was good.:dancingpa
June 11, 200818 yr Just got back a while ago,a very nice Zoo there,lots of shade and places to rest these old bones of ours.Grandskids had a ball love it,and even the Grandparents like it too.We did saw a white alligator (I think he turn white when it saw me)lol.Took lots of pictures also.Again very nice would go again. PS-Very easy to find,no problems at all.Everything was good.:dancingpa :thumb: We got to see the White Gator also but when I tried to take pics they were not very good because of that dang hard plastic glare! :irked:
June 12, 200818 yr I was told that the Louisville Zoo has a white alligator, is that right? He looked green when we were there, since he stayed under water the whole time. He was kinda smallish too, but it's been a few years since then.
June 12, 200818 yr Almost forgot about this. We ended up going Sunday. We got up there around 12:30 and managed to park in one of the zoo's lots. It's was fairly crowded, but not that bad. Then the rain came down and the place cleared out. However, we stuck it out. All the animals were out and active even though the weather was crappy. If you have the choice, I'd try to wait until late June or later. The giraffe exhibit opens in June (I think that's what the sign said), and it looks pretty cool. My best experience ever was the day my daughter was born, May 2, 1993. At the hospital, my then 5 year step daughter was really bummed out by all the attn her new sister was getting. It was kinda sad really, everyone came in and ignored her, oogling over the new bundle of joy. So, to cheer her up, we left the hospital and hit the Louisville zoo. It rained the whole time, lightly. ALL the animals were out. You know, the ones you never see, the panthers, lions, tigers, wolves. And they were all playing, roaring, it was really cool. The best Zoo i've seen however is San Diego BTW. I even liked St Louis, but it gets a bad rep due to how the animals are caged. It was built for the worlds fair, and hasn't changed much in the last 100 years I guess.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.