Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo.

Featured Replies

Child Magazine has Cincy Zoo ranked #6 in the nation.

http://americasbestonline.net/zoos.htm

 

The 10 Best Zoos for Kids by Child Magazine - Link

1. Lowry Park Zoo

2. San Diego Zoo

3. Oklahoma City Zoological Park and Botanical Garden

4. Brookfield Zoo

5. Phoenix Zoo

6. Cincinnati Zoo &Botanical Garden

7. Bronx Zoo

8. Toledo Zoo

9. Fort Wayne Children's Zoo

10. Columbus Zoo

 

http://www.cincinnatizoo.org/index2.html

 

Enough said...Cincy is where it's at!

  • Replies 95
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Chamber of Commerce is thinking of going with that as a new slogan. :cool:

 

 

Cincinnati USA: More shade - Better Monkeys!

 

That is great!!! Another coffee spill moment...

The Louisville Zoo is in a very safe area of town, I am not sure if you can say the same thing about the Cincy Zoo. Last time I went to the Cincy Zoo there were kids throwing bricks at cars.

 

I go to the Cincinnati Zoo at least 5 times a year, and I've never had any issues whether I park in their lot or on the street. If I do park on the street, it's on the main roads surrounding the zoo, not on a side street.

Louisville is definitely in a better neighborhood and a lot easier to get too especially if your like me and can't find your way out of a paper bag. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Got to see a great show there too .

You never said how old your grandkids were. If they are very young (7 and under) and with it being an extra hour of driving to Cincinnati it may be best to go to Louisville. Both are nice zoos with Louisville spending some dollars in the last few years to create new habitats and exhibits. A lot easier to get in, park and get out of the Louisvile Zoo.

  • Author
You never said how old your grandkids were. If they are very young (7 and under) and with it being an extra hour of driving to Cincinnati it may be best to go to Louisville. Both are nice zoos with Louisville spending some dollars in the last few years to create new habitats and exhibits. A lot easier to get in, park and get out of the Louisvile Zoo.

 

Their ages are 11 and 8.

  • Author
If you haven't been to the Louisville Zoo recently, I'd say go there. Lots of exciting changes have been happening there, and we have a new baby elephant!

I was told that the Louisville Zoo has a white alligator, is that right?

  • Author
If I had to only pick one, I honestly would pick Cincinnati. It has some really amazing attractions that go beyond what the standard zoo offers. But you really should try to see both at some point, if you can. Oh, and if you come to the Cincinnati Zoo, you can take a side-trip to the Newport Aquarium. It's worth the trip in itself!

 

Thanks for the infor. but I don't think we can handed two big events in one day. We will keep the Newport Aquarium in mind one day, maybe 2009 or 10.

Remember,we're grandparents are not getting any younger.;)

  • Author

I just want to thank all of you for your input ,has been helpful, thanks again.:thumb::thumb:

  • Author
So, what did you decide?

The Cincinnati Zoo.:thumb:

Cincinnati Zoo:ylsuper:

The Cincinnati Zoo.:thumb:

 

I think you will be happy with your choice.

When I started this thread I was going to say the Cincy Zoo, in that I haven't been there, and have been greatly disappointed by ours. That comes from being a frequent visitor of some BIG Zoos when I was younger. That said, with safety issues and all, the Louisville Zoo seems all to appealing in this light. I vote Louisville.

What's so unsafe with the Cincy Zoo? I've thought about taking our kids there this summer. We always go to Lville and love it but I thought about changin it up. Not real crazy about it if it isn't safe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.