Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo.

super

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so unsafe with the Cincy Zoo?
Nothing at all. It is near a neighborhood where crimes occur; but I've been going there since I was in kindergarten and never had a problem. The zoo is gorgeous and definitely worth the trip! :thumb:

^ that's what I am confused about? if the Cincy Zoo isn't 100% safe, I am saddened to say my family will never see it, that's simply not worth it.
I think you're reading way too much into what has been said on here. It is most definitely SAFE!

I've been to the Cincy Zoo about 500 times and never had an issue with the surrounding area. It's not far from X, and that's considered to be a very safe part of town.

If you take a bad route to the zoo, you end up in a rough part of town. It's a small part of town in relation to location...

I think I might've been to the Cincinnati zoo when I was a kid. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was pretty nice. The Louisville Zoo has DEIFNITELY made a lot of great improvements over the years. I doubt it's as good as the Cincy zoo, but it's worth a visit one of these days.

Oh, and the Louisville zoo isn't THAT hilly.

I was told that the Louisville Zoo has a white alligator, is that right?

The Cincinnati Zoo used to always have one. I'm heading there Sunday (weather permitting), and I'll let you know if you're really interested in seeing one.

^ Cool....I figured one of you would put my mind at ease with this. With the above said, I vote for Cincy Zoo. Our Zoo really is under-achieving, IMO.

I think the only real problem that I've ever heard of is cars getting broken into while at the zoo, but those cars were parked back on some side streets. If you park on the main streets around the zoo or in one of their lots, you won't have any issues at all. They've added to their parking, so there's usually enough spots that you don't have to worry. If there was truly any danger up there, I wouldn't take my daughter up there so often. Bring your kids up and enjoy.

Sounds like Cincy is the way to go but make sure you get good directions:) What time is a good time to get there to beat the crowd/heat?

On nice weekends, late morning/early afternoon has the largest crowds, but they're usually not too bad. Week days are obviously best.

On nice weekends, late morning/early afternoon has the largest crowds, but they're usually not too bad. Week days are obviously best.

In the summer early morning is the best. Beat the crowds and the heat. Cincinnati Zoo is the "better" of the two. But then again I'm a little bias since I've been a member of Cincinnati Zoo the last 17 years:dancingpa

I've been to Louisville and it's a good Zoo. Columbus Ohio has a nice one also.