Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo.

Featured Replies

I was at the Cincinnati Zoo yesterday. It was a good time, not as packed as I expected for a Saturday.

 

All of the animals were out , only downer was that the cats were sleeping but the polar bears were putting on a show.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With gas as high as it is and everything else I would only guess vacations will be pretty sparse this year. Should have no congestion problems at all.

Just found out that me & a few of my family members will be heading up to the Louisville Zoo! After reading all these posts, I've tried to get them to take a trip to the Cinci one instead :D. My 4 year old nephew will be going so it should be a fun trip. We'll be heading up on the 31st. It'll be about a 3 hour ride. Any suggestions as to which are the top animal attractions???

 

 

We have a new baby elephant! I can't say there's "bad" exhibit at the Louisville Zoo, but I really like the orangutans and the monkeys.

We have a new baby elephant! I can't say there's "bad" exhibit at the Louisville Zoo, but I really like the orangutans and the monkeys.

 

I read about that...There's aslo one that is turning 1 by the name of Scotty, correct?

 

The Zoo is also home to Tony Stewart's former pet monkey, Mojo.

 

rockmom, do you work at the Zoo????

I read about that...There's aslo one that is turning 1 by the name of Scotty, correct?

 

The Zoo is also home to Tony Stewart's former pet monkey, Mojo.

 

rockmom, do you work at the Zoo????

 

 

No...used to volunteer there. Cleaning up bird poop just wasn't what I wanted as a career, though. :lol: Maybe if I could have graduated to giraffe poop, I might have stayed. :D

No...used to volunteer there. Cleaning up bird poop just wasn't what I wanted as a career, though. :lol: Maybe if I could have graduated to giraffe poop, I might have stayed. :D

 

:D.

Just got back from Louisville about 15 minutes ago. The orangutans and the monkeys were my favorite to watch. They were extremely funny. The Zebras & Giraffes were pretty neat also. Anywho, I have to attend a graduation tomorrow/this afternoon so I'll have more detail later.

  • Author

Our Grandkids will be up soon, their Daddy is bringing his girls up this Saturday, we will have them for a week,my wife and I will be off next week (vacation week) and we promise them a trip to the Zoo,but with gas prices up, we may now go to the Louisville Zoo, it will save us about 80 miles round trip It a win win situation, and from what I have heard and read from this thread, Louisville has a really nice Zoo.

 

 

PS,ScarHeel,glad you had a great time at the Zoo.:thumb:

:lol::lol:Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo..............................:lol::lol:

 

The real question is, the Louisville Zoo or Cincinnati......

  • Author

Its getting hot and the forecast for next week the temps in the 90's,so what I want to know is,which Zoo has the most shade?Someone as old as me needs shade.

Can zoo tickets be purchased ahead of time? I'd hate to arrive only to find out the zoo was closed for repairs, like Clark Griswald found out at Wally World.

Louisville Zoo is WAY too hilly!!

 

Love the cincy zoo best but it is hilly as well.

Haven't visited the Louisville zoo so I have no idea what they offer for shade. My motto is to get there early when it is hot and humid.

  • Author

We're on the way to the Zoo in Louisville, tell all about it when we get back tonight.

We're on the way to the Zoo in Louisville, tell all about it when we get back tonight.

 

 

Perfect day today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.