Shockey Rumors Starting Up Again...

You're entitled to your opinion. I think Shockey is overrated.

Opinion? Hardly. They all three, including a couple of others are all-pro TE's. Shockey is the best down field blocking TE in the game. To not consider Shockey as one of the best is shortsided and sounds like a Giant or Canes hater.:flame:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're entitled to your opinion. I think Shockey is overrated.

I dont think Shockey is overrated, but I feel like HB is making Shockey out to be better than he is. No way a someone gives up a first rounder for Shockey unless it is a very late pick of someone in desperate need for a TE and no other spots to fill. That doesnt sound like any NFL teams to me.

I dont think Shockey is overrated, but I feel like HB is making Shockey out to be better than he is. No way a someone gives up a first rounder for Shockey unless it is a very late pick of someone in desperate need for a TE and no other spots to fill. That doesnt sound like any NFL teams to me.

I'm not saying Shockey is worth a 1st round pick. I'm saying the Giants will probably not take anything less than a 1st, or multiple lower picks.

There is a difference.

You aren't going to get better than a 3rd round pick at best for Shockey and the Giants know that. Thats laughable to think you get a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a player.

The Saints offered a 2nd and Roman Harper...so you are wrong.

I'm not saying Shockey is worth a 1st round pick. I'm saying the Giants will probably not take anything less than a 1st, or multiple lower picks.

There is a difference.

I'm fine with that. Just saying he's not worth what they want...

Opinion? Hardly. They all three, including a couple of others are all-pro TE's. Shockey is the best down field blocking TE in the game. To not consider Shockey as one of the best is shortsided and sounds like a Giant or Canes hater.:flame:

Shockey wouldn't be an all-pro if he was in the AFC behind Gates and Gonzalez...:flame:

I don't hate the Giants or the Canes...I just think Shockey is overrated and not even close to being worth a 1st round pick...is that so hard to accept?

Shockey wouldn't be an all-pro if he was in the AFC behind Gates and Gonzalez...:flame:

I don't hate the Giants or the Canes...I just think Shockey is overrated and not even close to being worth a 1st round pick...is that so hard to accept?

Ifs ands or buts don't matter. He's not in the AFC. He's in the NFC, where he is a pro bowler almost every year. Oh...and Shockey = 1 super bowl ring. Gonzo and Gates = 0 :D.

BTW, I think you are underestimating what a great blocker Shockey is. That really increases his value.

This discussion has run it's course for me...we've both stated what we think and neither of us are going to change our opinion. I'm fine with the Giants stance with Shockey...if I had a guy who I really didn't want to trade then I would absolutely require a higher price than market value. That's the key point in all of this for me.

The Giants aren't looking to unload him...it's not a situation like (hypothetically) if the Bengals were trying to deal a disgruntled Chad Johnson. The fact that Chad wants out and the Bengals want him out would likely lower his trade value. In the case of the Giants and Shockey, he isn't disgruntled as far as I know, his teammates like him and the Giants like him. They want to keep him. Therefore, it's going to take more than just market value to get him. I totally agree with the Giants there. If a team really wants Shockey, then make them give you something you just can't pass on...and it's very possible some team could very well do it.

Over the past 3-4 years I would put Shockey at 5-6 best TE. In the NFC I would take Witten over shockey. Not saying Witten is head and shoulders above Shockey but I do think he is ahead. And in no way would I pony up a first rounder for any TE except maybe Gates. I would probably give a 2nd rounder for Shockey but it would have to be a late 2nd rounder.