Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shockey Rumors Starting Up Again...

Featured Replies

  • Author
This discussion has run it's course for me...we've both stated what we think and neither of us are going to change our opinion. I'm fine with the Giants stance with Shockey...if I had a guy who I really didn't want to trade then I would absolutely require a higher price than market value. That's the key point in all of this for me.

 

The Giants aren't looking to unload him...it's not a situation like (hypothetically) if the Bengals were trying to deal a disgruntled Chad Johnson. The fact that Chad wants out and the Bengals want him out would likely lower his trade value. In the case of the Giants and Shockey, he isn't disgruntled as far as I know, his teammates like him and the Giants like him. They want to keep him. Therefore, it's going to take more than just market value to get him. I totally agree with the Giants there. If a team really wants Shockey, then make them give you something you just can't pass on...and it's very possible some team could very well do it.

 

:thumb: I could not agree more with this post.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you think?

 

Care to add any input to the discussion?

 

IF you are serious, that's by far the biggest homer comment I've read on here in a while. Shockey had ZERO to do with the Giant's Super Bowl run. He got the ring by default

  • Author
IF you are serious, that's by far the biggest homer comment I've read on here in a while. Shockey had ZERO to do with the Giant's Super Bowl run. He got the ring by default

 

To say he had zero to do with their super bowl run shows ignorance about the subject. Shockey was a key part of 9 out of the Giants 10 regular season wins. He had over 600 yards receiving in just 14 games. Shockey also helped out the younger guys by calling them and giving them advice during the playoff run.

 

Shockey didn't do a lot during the playoffs, but he helped them a lot during the season and he deserves a ring as much as anyone.

To say he had zero to do with their super bowl run shows ignorance about the subject. Shockey was a key part of 9 out of the Giants 10 regular season wins. He had over 600 yards receiving in just 14 games. Shockey also helped out the younger guys by calling them and giving them advice during the playoff run.

 

Shockey didn't do a lot during the playoffs, but he helped them a lot during the season and he deserves a ring as much as anyone.

 

:lol:Yea, he looked like he was giving the young guys advice sitting in the Party Box drinking a brew during the Super Bowl. No team in the NFL will give the Giants a 1st round pick, he's over rated, he's a team cancer, he care's more about partying than playing ball. Ignorance? Give me a break, because I don't drink the Giant Kool Aid in large doses like you, far from makes me ignorant:rolleyes: Saying that Shockey is worth a first round pick shows a complete bias...

  • Author
:lol:Yea, he looked like he was giving the young guys advice sitting in the Party Box drinking a brew during the Super Bowl. No team in the NFL will give the Giants a 1st round pick, he's over rated, he's a team cancer, he care's more about partying than playing ball. Ignorance? Give me a break, because I don't drink the Giant Kool Aid in large doses like you, far from makes me ignorant:rolleyes: Saying that Shockey is worth a first round pick shows a complete bias...

 

First of all, he wasn't allowed to be on the sidelines because of his injury.

 

Secondly, you can give advice over a cell phone, or land line phone. It is not against the law.

 

Third, he is allowed to drink beer. I'm sure he is over 21. Is that so bad?

 

Shockey is not over rated. His numbers are consistently top 5 among tight ends, and he's as good or better at blocking than any tight end in the league.

 

Team cancer? How? In Michael Strahan's book, he says he'd love to have 52 guys on his team just like Jeremy Shockey. Sounds a lot like a team cancer!

 

The ignorance statement was not meant to be an insult. Just meant to point out that you are probably not informed on the topic.

 

He cares more about partying? He likes to party, but he also works his butt off to get in shape for playing ball. To make a statement like that when you have NOTHING to back it up...is just silly.

 

Where did I say he was worth a 1st round pick? I don't remember saying that. I said the Giants will not take much less than a 1st rounder, or a 2nd rounder + more picks/players.

 

I love kool aid.

Ifs ands or buts don't matter. He's not in the AFC. He's in the NFC, where he is a pro bowler almost every year. Oh...and Shockey = 1 super bowl ring. Gonzo and Gates = 0 :D.

 

I didnt realize Shockey played in the Super Bowl. I seem to remember him sitting up in the luxury box sipping on a beer.

First of all, he wasn't allowed to be on the sidelines because of his injury.

 

Secondly, you can give advice over a cell phone, or land line phone. It is not against the law.

 

Third, he is allowed to drink beer. I'm sure he is over 21. Is that so bad?

 

Shockey is not over rated. His numbers are consistently top 5 among tight ends, and he's as good or better at blocking than any tight end in the league.

 

Team cancer? How? In Michael Strahan's book, he says he'd love to have 52 guys on his team just like Jeremy Shockey. Sounds a lot like a team cancer!

 

The ignorance statement was not meant to be an insult. Just meant to point out that you are probably not informed on the topic.

 

He cares more about partying? He likes to party, but he also works his butt off to get in shape for playing ball. To make a statement like that when you have NOTHING to back it up...is just silly.

 

Where did I say he was worth a 1st round pick? I don't remember saying that. I said the Giants will not take much less than a 1st rounder, or a 2nd rounder + more picks/players.

 

I love kool aid.

Wrong.

 

Year - Rec, Yards, TD's

2002 - 1st, 1st, tied 20th

2003 - 6th, 7th, tied 17th

2004 - 7th, 8th, tied 5th

2005 - 7th, 3rd, tied 2nd

2006 - 5th, 11th, tied 3rd

2007 - 8th, 7th, tied 16th

 

Consistently top 10 numbers but not top 5.

  • Author
I didnt realize Shockey played in the Super Bowl. I seem to remember him sitting up in the luxury box sipping on a beer.

 

Try and keep up, I've already responded to a comment about that.

  • Author
Wrong.

 

Year - Rec, Yards, TD's

2002 - 1st, 1st, tied 20th

2003 - 6th, 7th, tied 17th

2004 - 7th, 8th, tied 5th

2005 - 7th, 3rd, tied 2nd

2006 - 5th, 11th, tied 3rd

2007 - 8th, 7th, tied 16th

 

Consistently top 10 numbers but not top 5.

 

Shockey missed a few games this year.

 

Almost every year he's in the top 5 in 1 or more categories.

 

2006 top 5 in receptions, and TD's.

2005 top 5 in yards and TD's.

2004 top 5 in touchdowns.

2003 he was injured, only played 9 games.

2002 1st in receptions and yards.

 

Consistently top 5.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.