Shockey Rumors Starting Up Again...

Rumors are going around that Shockey might be headed to New Orleans or Miami. But the rumors aren't from real "credible" sources.

Both rumors state that Shockey "wants out". If that is true, and he'd rather play for the Saints or Dolphins...then I say trade him. Anyone that would want to leave the Super Bowl Champions for the worst team in the NFL and the Saints , one of the worst franchises in the NFL....ship him out.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see him wanting out. Now that there is another good TE on the team, he might have to work a little harder to get as much playing time as before, but that is no reason to ask to be traded.

I do not see him wanting out. Now that there is another good TE on the team, he might have to work a little harder to get as much playing time as before, but that is no reason to ask to be traded.

If the Giants trade him, I'm afraid they are underestimating him, and perhaps overvaluing Kevin Boss.

I'd trade him for a 1st rounder and nothing less.

If the Giants trade him, I'm afraid they are underestimating him, and perhaps overvaluing Kevin Boss.

I'd trade him for a 1st rounder and nothing less.

No way they could get a first rounder for Shockey...

Then I doubt they trade him. Only other was they will do it is for a 2nd rounder and a good player.

Rumor does have it that the Dolphins are willing to trade positions in the top 4rounds and provide cash. That was reported on FSR radio this morning.

Rumor does have it that the Dolphins are willing to trade positions in the top 4rounds and provide cash. That was reported on FSR radio this morning.

The Giants will require at least the Dolphins 2nd rounder, probably more. Maybe not since the Dolphins second rounder is basically a first round pick...

I might be wrong about how valuable other NFL teams view Shockey, but I just can't see any way a team gives up a first round pick for him. He just isn't worth it.

I'm not disputing that the Giants would require that for him. If they really want to keep him then they should demand top price for him...it would be different if they were looking to get rid of the guy.

I might be wrong about how valuable other NFL teams view Shockey, but I just can't see any way a team gives up a first round pick for him. He just isn't worth it.

I'm not disputing that the Giants would require that for him. If they really want to keep him then they should demand top price for him...it would be different if they were looking to get rid of the guy.

Shockey is a top 5 tight end and the Giants shouldn't expect less than at least a 1st rounder or a 2nd and another pick IMO. I wouldn't give him up for less than that.

You just don't see 1st rounders given up for guys like Shockey. I agree, he's top 5, maybe top 3, but he's a TE. Noone will give a #1 for a TE. A 2nd & 5th, or as reported earlier, maybe swapping draft orders, plus some cash could get the deal done.

You just don't see 1st rounders given up for guys like Shockey. I agree, he's top 5, maybe top 3, but he's a TE. Noone will give a #1 for a TE. A 2nd & 5th, or as reported earlier, maybe swapping draft orders, plus some cash could get the deal done.

The Giants aren't going to swap picks and get cash for Shockey. That won't happen. Jerry Reese knows that Shockey is valuable and won't do it for that. A 2nd and a 5th MIGHT get it done...but I'm not even sure that'd do it.

Whatever happens I trust Reese to make the right decision. He's going to prove he's one of the best GM's in the league soon. He had a great first year as GM...he'll only make this team better.

Shockey is a top 5 tight end and the Giants shouldn't expect less than at least a 1st rounder or a 2nd and another pick IMO. I wouldn't give him up for less than that.

Shockey may be a top 5 TE, but after Gates and Gonzalez, there is a big drop.

If there was a team that was pretty solid everywhere and wanted to add a TE, I might could see them giving a late first rounder for a guy like Shockey. But, in general, he doesn't warrant a first rounder.

Shockey may be a top 5 TE, but after Gates and Gonzalez, there is a big drop.

If there was a team that was pretty solid everywhere and wanted to add a TE, I might could see them giving a late first rounder for a guy like Shockey. But, in general, he doesn't warrant a first rounder.

I don't think there is a big drop off after Gates and Gonzalez. Shockey is a much better blocker than Gates, and as good or better than Gonzalez.

After Shockey went down, the Giants running game wasn't as consistently effective. It was very good against Buffalo, but in the playoffs it wasn't as good.

I don't think there is a big drop off after Gates and Gonzalez. Shockey is a much better blocker than Gates, and as good or better than Gonzalez.

After Shockey went down, the Giants running game wasn't as consistently effective. It was very good against Buffalo, but in the playoffs it wasn't as good.

You're entitled to your opinion. I think Shockey is overrated.