Gallatin Co. 63 Anderson County 56

Couple of things.

Where are all of the Gallatin County detractors??? Don't see them do you. (except madman:D) Just kidding, madman. But seriously, all you used to hear is how Gallatin didn't play anyone and they can't win the big games. Looks a bit different now doesn't it.

Also, don't know if anyone else noticed, but at the end of the game, did Coach Drury and Penny abstain from going through the line to congratulate Gallatin?? I personally didn't see them and a couple of folks came up to me after the game and asked the same thing.

Happened last year too with Shelby County after their loss.

Just wondering.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things.

Where are all of the Gallatin County detractors??? Don't see them do you. (except madman:D) Just kidding, madman. But seriously, all you used to hear is how Gallatin didn't play anyone and they can't win the big games. Looks a bit different now doesn't it.

Also, don't know if anyone else noticed, but at the end of the game, did Coach Drury and Penny abstain from going through the line to congratulate Gallatin?? I personally didn't see them and a couple of folks came up to me after the game and asked the same thing.

Happened last year too with Shelby County after their loss.

Just wondering.

Penny was clearly spent and heartbroken, I was waiting for him to get up and go through the line but by the time he did stand up, GC was walking out with him and there he shook hands with a lot of the GC players and at least one coach.

Gallatin was in this same situation last year, they knocked out Shelby, so they clearly showed that they can win the big game.

Glad to see a small School win against a Big School. I watched Gallatin Co. play in the all A in Richmond. I think they have what you have:dancingpa to have to Win, and that's a Team effort. A well coached ball team. Good Luck in the Semi-Finals. Hope I see them in Rupp.

Penny was clearly spent and heartbroken, I was waiting for him to get up and go through the line but by the time he did stand up, GC was walking out with him and there he shook hands with a lot of the GC players and at least one coach.

Gallatin was in this same situation last year, they knocked out Shelby, so they clearly showed that they can win the big game.

I am glad this was mentioned on here because I also thought that Penny was just distraught and emotionally spent. I did not think that he was snubbing the boys from Gallatin at all. From all accounts I heard about him, he is as good a person off the court as he is a player on the court. Hopefully his display of emotions is not taken in a bad light because I truly feel there was no malice intended.:thumb:

Anderson Co. was my pick from the 8th. Shucky darn.

My pick too. But I'm happy for Gallitin County. I have a friend, Jim Campbell, who lives there and is a HUGE fan. I know he is one happy fellow right now. It would be great to see the Wildcats in Rupp.:thumb:

No shock if you have seen Gallatin County play. They have been in big games before. They understand the meaning of POISE and MENTAL TOUGHNESS.

Maddox totally outplayed Penny imo.

Penny is unstopable on the blocks but for having a complete game I'll take Maddox. Not only did he out play him last night, he is a better player because he is not one dimensional.

Not only did Coach Jones put a schedule together (for the last 3 years) that would have the boys ready, he and his staff were ready and out coached Coach Drury and staff. Super job!!! Get 5-6 down, call a time out, make a fix and now it's tied. Didn't happen on the other side. Congrats to Jones and staff.