Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New UK Uniforms?

Featured Replies

You sure about that? Seems like UK has changed a time or three during Tubby's time, and it was seemingly every year when Pitino was in Lex.

 

Louisville has changed exactly once, to the current style. Before that it was the old block caps style from about 2000 back as long as I can recall.

No, we had the style we had thru the Final Four season, then for one year we had the arches on the shorts, then last year with the mantles, and now this year. The motifs have been similar thru a few of those, and the fonts haven't changed, but the unis were very different.
  • Replies 127
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they look bad, they look as though they were drawn in MS Paint. I'll wait until I see the actual image of the fabric version before I judge it.

uniforms.bmp

 

 

These are just SAD. I've noticed that "Kentucky" on the front of the jerseys continues to get smaller. Not a good look in my opinion. Louisville's are classier.

No, we had the style we had thru the Final Four season, then for one year we had the arches on the shorts, then last year with the mantles, and now this year. The motifs have been similar thru a few of those, and the fonts haven't changed, but the unis were very different.

 

I guess I only pay attention to the lettering.

Maybe, they will be similar to Arizona's. If so they will look a lot better than the cartoonish photo looks. Notice their stripe isn't nearly as wide and it extends on down onto the shorts. This video shows the other wildcats in similar looking uniforms. From about 2:15 to 2:30 are some pretty good views of the back of the uniforms.

 

I thought it was a joke....

 

These may look good on Tennessee. The suspenders look would go well with Bruce Pearl and the shorts match the UT endzones.

You sure about that? Seems like UK has changed a time or three during Tubby's time, and it was seemingly every year when Pitino was in Lex.

 

Louisville has changed exactly once, to the current style. Before that it was the old block caps style from about 2000 back as long as I can recall.

 

Im am pretty sure about that. Tubby took over the team in 1998 and they wore the uniforms they won the title in that year all the way up till the 2005. It was during the 2005-2006 season when they went to the current uniforms.

 

Thats why I think its time for a uniform change, because ever since we had these uniforms things have not gone as well.

 

I know you might have thought there was more changes than there were though because I know during one season for like a month they wore throw back uniforms because the whole SEC was doing it but that was it. So under Tubby they only changed once, but you are right they changed every year under Pitino. It looks like he is doing the same thing while at UL too with slight changes usually every year.

No, we had the style we had thru the Final Four season, then for one year we had the arches on the shorts, then last year with the mantles, and now this year. The motifs have been similar thru a few of those, and the fonts haven't changed, but the unis were very different.

 

:thumb:

The new uniforms will look a lot like the ones that Arizona currently sports. The stripe won't be as big as it appears in the photos, and the shorts won't look as silly. At first glance you won't be able to see the checker pattern on the short, but when looked at from the right angle they will be visible. Texas (Longhorn) and Florida (Scales, I believe) have similiarly designed shorts.

 

They will also be the System of Dress fit that Nike is currently using with all of the above mentioned teams, as well as UNC, Ohio State, and Syracuse, though the jerseys wil not be form fitting as in some of the promotional pictures.

But the shorts will be pantaloons.

After watching that video, they really are not that bad. It could be alot worse. ALOT worse.

The way this season has gone, I thought something along the lines of a body cast uniform would be more appropriate.

 

I was thinking it was gonna be a hospital gown:laugh:

But the shorts will be pantaloons.

:lol: Then they won't be "shorts", they'll go down past the knees. Uggggg-ly!!!:creepy:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.