Villa Madonna Article

All valid points Bulldog77, I think the "love" was probably because Villa experienced a series of firsts this season (wins, district runner-up, and regional berth). Bellevue has been a solid program from the Swauger days and through all the coaching changes.

I will say congrats to Bellevue, and good luck in the regional.

Side note... How many coaches since Swauger?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All valid points Bulldog77, I think the "love" was probably because Villa experienced a series of firsts this season (wins, district runner-up, and regional berth). Bellevue has been a solid program from the Swauger days and through all the coaching changes.

I will say congrats to Bellevue, and good luck in the regional.

Side note... How many coaches since Swauger?

At least three I'm aware of.

Can you tell what the fact error was before you call out "Skinny"? How do we know your right if we don't know the error ourselves???

Because I'm always right.:D

I didn't mention it because I thought it was extremely easy to catch, as I caught it during a very quick lead from the link. He said the Villa girls team lost in the 34th district finals to Ludlow. Someone may want to call the KHSAA then and ask them why three teams from the 34th played in the regional this week, because I'm sure I saw Dixie play Holy Cross the other night. In fact, I think they won the 34th district final game.:banana:

You just can't blow facts and be credible.

They did lose in the first round, you are correct. However, that was not what the article was about.

:laugh::laugh:

I knew this was coming. Facts are facts, it's journalism 101. He missed one fact, how can you trust any of the others at that point?

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything like that. Just seems like a good place to ask this question. First congrats to the Lightning. I truly enjoyed their kids and their coaches when we played them this year. Great guys and proud of them for making it to the regional.

My question then is this? Why all the love and affection shown toward Villa, a team that clearly benefitted from the fact that their District is a blind draw district (no offense intended Ludlow guys, back off), yet Bellevue has been absolutely villified for doing EXACTLY the same thing? All this while the following are true:

Bellevue and Villa Split their conference games this year.

Villa was picked pre-season to be runner-up in the conference and ended up third.

Bellevue was picked no higher than fifth pre-season and finished second.

The Tigers expected to struggle to win 10 games yet won 15.

Remember it takes a MAJORITY of the members of each district to decide on Seeding. The MAJORITY (that's three schools) choose not to seed in the 36th but it seems as if the whole issue is being laid at the feet of the Bellevue program. Just wondering why?

Again, props to the Blue Lightning, way to go gentlemen!!

I believe a simple answer is Skinner's daughter goes to Villa and not Bellevue.

The only thing this thread is missing is LuckyDog on here to bash Villa a little bit more. Where has he been?

:thumb:Rather unfortunate but it seems that as soon as some school or person enjoys a certain amount of success then a great many envious posters come out of the closet to take their shots. To bad and I will freely admit I have been as guilty as anyone.

Congratulations to Villa on an outstanding and a fine showing in the Regional tourney.

Good story that supports the draw. The world won't end because once every 4-5 years, Villa Madonna might find themselves into the position of getting to revel in a regional tournament berth.

Let's be clear, in journalism any story with fact errors, is a bad story. There is no in between, nor do you get a mulligan for any error.

I believe a simple answer is Skinner's daughter goes to Villa and not Bellevue.

And for the record, let me be clear that any criticism I have made about the article is just that, criticism of the article. Not of Villa at all.