Lincoln County 72 Boyle County 54 (45th District Championship)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln led 17-4 after the first 5 minutes, Boyle caught up at the start of the second half, Lincoln made another big push to quickly get it back to double digits, and Boyle didn't have another run in it. Lincoln forced a ton of turnovers in the big runs at the start of each half.

Young had 30 points and Keeton had 21 for Lincoln, Aumiller had 22 for Boyle.

Young played a heck of a game tonight. I'd like to see what his FGM-FGA for the game. It seemed like everything he put up went in. Aumiller played well. I would've like to have seen Christian Williams guard Young more, McShara had a tough time with Young. Lincoln played a good game and they have a great team. I think it would take a total team effort and not just Aumiller and Williams for Boyle to even keep it close against Lincoln. Boyle did not seem focused at all. I'd like to see a rematch with a more intense and focused Boyle County team. Congrats to Lincoln on the District Championship. Hope to see you again.

Young played a heck of a game tonight. I'd like to see what his FGM-FGA for the game. It seemed like everything he put up went in. Aumiller played well. I would've like to have seen Christian Williams guard Young more, McShara had a tough time with Young. Lincoln played a good game and they have a great team. I think it would take a total team effort and not just Aumiller and Williams for Boyle to even keep it close against Lincoln. Boyle did not seem focused at all. I'd like to see a rematch with a more intense and focused Boyle County team. Congrats to Lincoln on the District Championship. Hope to see you again.

Rematch wouldn't matter. They already played three times, only one of the three was a decent game.

Like the student section was chanting for LC (to the Boyle section), you need Spencer.....

Thanks to our good buddy John Logan Smith and WPBKFM.com Ilisten to the replay and have to say Ryan Young is without a doubt the best player in the 12th region. What a show for him tnight. Good job guys lets go win regionals and get back to the sweet 16.

The best player? Please.

However, the Patriots are a very good team and the road back to Rupp got a lot easier with McCreary Central out. But, the Patriots better keep their heads on or someone might upset them.

Good luck to the Patriots. Represent the 12th well. :)

After last night, no doubt who the best player and who means the most to their team:Ryan Young! As someone mentioned he is leading his team to the regionals while Watts is sitting at home(for the second straight year).

SSF i'm sorry your Raiders did not make it out of the district. All I have to say is special players now how to win games win the matter mostand Ryan Young is one of those players. Best of luck to Mr. Watts and the Raiders next year. Should be one of the top teams in the 12th.

Rematch wouldn't matter. They already played three times, only one of the three was a decent game.

Like the student section was chanting for LC (to the Boyle section), you need Spencer.....

I have to agree to disagree. I do believe Boyle can beat Lincoln but they HAVE to play for 4 quarters and not 1 and a half quarters to compete with Lincoln and put themselves in a position to be able to win at the end of the ball game. Lincoln is a great team, but they are beatable. I am not taking anything away from Lincoln or Ryan Young's spectacular night, but Boyle did not play well at all. I have a hard time believing that if Boyle did play well, that they wouldn't have a chance to win. That's all I am saying.

The beat West Danville shirts were really cute. Keep them handy we might be getting yet another Danville player next year.

There is a good chance that these two teams will meet again. Lincoln will be in the championship game, I would take Boyle in any other matchup with the teams left. If it happens you would think that Boyle players and coaches would play them differently. It could be interesting........