Do remarks by Obama's wife hurt him?

All Tell

If you are 40 and under you have never voted in a Presidential Election that Bush or a Clinton wasn't on the ticket.

Sorry to cut up your post, but I wanted to borrow this bit of information.

I'm pretty convinced that this is why I have grown so disillusioned with the political process and am seriously considering skipping my first Prez election. It's sad, but I can't help it. I'm just sick of the two families.

Maybe I'll just "waste" my vote on some third party candidate as a protest. Is Jello Biafra running this time? Maybe somebody else off-the-wall and interesting? I just don't know ...

Are we voting for Obama, or are we voting for his wife? Seems like comments like this from her shouldn't matter, given that she is not the actual candidate for president. I can't imagine someone not voting for a candidate because they do not like the qualifications of the potential first lady (or first husband, as the case may be. :D)

True, but Bill Clinton's comments have had a negative effect on Hilary. But I do agree that they should not matter, unless they are something really preposterous.

Are we voting for Obama, or are we voting for his wife? Seems like comments like this from her shouldn't matter, given that she is not the actual candidate for president. I can't imagine someone not voting for a candidate because they do not like the qualifications of the potential first lady (or first husband, as the case may be. :D)

The only time someone saying something like this doesn't matter is when it's said by anyone but ....Bill:irked: In all honesty this is the problem - we hold some people more accountable than others.:irked: I refuse to cut her anymore slack than people give the other spouses.

I really don't care how she has justified what she said, I still think that it was an awful statement to make. Both she and Bill are two very bright individuals and I think they both need to stop and think before they open their mouths. What I say reflects on my husband and what he says reflects on me. I think that both Mrs. Obama and Mr. Clinton need to understand that and practice on thinking about something a little bit before they say anything.

The only time someone saying something like this doesn't matter is when it's said by anyone but ....Bill:irked: In all honesty this is the problem - we hold some people more accountable than others.:irked: I refuse to cut her anymore slack than people give the other spouses.

I really don't care how she has justified what she said, I still think that it was an awful statement to make. Both she and Bill are two very bright individuals and I think they both need to stop and think before they open their mouths. What I say reflects on my husband and what he says reflects on me. I think that both Mrs. Obama and Mr. Clinton need to understand that and practice on thinking about something a little bit before they say anything.

have you watched the video of her making the comment? probably not. If you haven't, then you need to. This was said in the fashion it is being portrayed. She could have been clearer but in the context of the things she was saying, it is more about hte process that we are going through now & more specifically the across the board support her husband is getting & the rallying support of democrats, independents & some republicans.

Michelle Obama graduated from not one, but two Ivy League schools. If she persists in playing the victim card, it will hurt Obama in the general election. When I hear Obama speak, I hear an eloquent American with whom I disagree on policies. When I hear his wife speak, I hear an angry black woman who has taken advantage of more opportunities than most of us will ever have and who does not appreciate the opportunities that she had.

Michelle Obama graduated from not one, but two Ivy League schools. If she persists in playing the victim card, it will hurt Obama in the general election. When I hear Obama speak, I hear an eloquent American with whom I disagree on policies. When I hear his wife speak, I hear an angry black woman who has taken advantage of more opportunities than most of us will ever have and who does not appreciate the opportunities that she had.

I see and understand your point of view.

Sorry to cut up your post, but I wanted to borrow this bit of information.

I'm pretty convinced that this is why I have grown so disillusioned with the political process and am seriously considering skipping my first Prez election. It's sad, but I can't help it. I'm just sick of the two families.

Maybe I'll just "waste" my vote on some third party candidate as a protest. Is Jello Biafra running this time? Maybe somebody else off-the-wall and interesting? I just don't know ...

Why would you skip it if Obama and McClain are the nominees? Except in certain instances, neither one is Bush or Clinton. :D