Bath Co. 68 East Carter 57

Good game by the top point guard in the 16th Region Blandon Clemons.

To Coach Hicks defense, as stated by a poster in the update thread, he was not ejected in the last game, or any that I am aware of.

If Bath Co. handled East Carter by double digits on the road without Coach Hicks, there may be a bigger gap in the top three teams in the region than some think.

Bath Co. Metz 31PT-10RB Clemons 23PT. Sorry this is all that I got. Great game. East tried everything with Clemons, at the end of the game they ran three at him. Metz was a monster on the boards and I think he frustrated Sagraves. There's not many around that can match up with Ryan strength wise but Metz can. Johnson played well but East didn't shoot the ball very good tonight. Bath played good D tonight and I think that had something to do with it. Bath played without coach Hicks tonight so I think that had alot to do with them playing well, wanting to win for him.

Congratulations to Bath Co. on the win. Clemons did a great job of handling East's pressure. Bath Co. shot very well the entire game and did a good job on the boards. East tried to rally an couple of times but couldn't get closer than 5 or 6 points. Good win for Bath Co.

First time that I have seen Bath Co. play this season. Very impressed. The Metz kid sure doesn't look like a basketball player. He looks more like the 185 pound state wrestling champion...but don't let looks fool you. He is strong sure, but he can shoot from anywhere, defends hard, and rebounds like a wildman. He also seems to be a quality kid. The Clemons kid was unstoppable at the beginning. I think that was the key. He got in some shots at the beginning of the game that I have not seen anybody in this area do. It was just get everybody else out of the way and let him work. I think this discouraged East a little making them wonder how can we stop that? I think Bath had around 40 points on the board before anyone else besides those two scored for them. Great win for Bath. Took the lead early and was never in doubt. The Raiders played hard and cut it to 5 a few times but couldn't claw back into...expended a lot of effort trying but couldn't get over the hump. Both schools have had really good seasons. Both have the potential to do well in the tournaments.