February 13, 200818 yr Wow.. that was just nasty. Vandy couldn't miss, UK couldn't hit. Just gross. That said, UK isn't out of the NCAA's just yet, IMO. But If they play another game like that they are. I still say they can lose another game and get in with a win or two in the SECT. It was nice to see AJ in, but you can see why he hasn't been playing. He's totally lost on defense. It was also nice (but wierd) to see Meeks come in. He didn't seem to be too hampered by his hip. Hopefully he got it loosened up some and can get some meaningful minutes down the stretch.
February 13, 200818 yr I get up this morning.....turn on ESPN to catch some scores......what are they showing ?? DUKE vs KY 1992 LAETTNER. PLEEEASE . They probably have John Wilks Booth on tape somewhere !!
February 13, 200818 yr This was the worst game of my lifetime but I am a UK fan to the end and I still believe 19 or 20 wins gets us to the Dance. I said 12-4 with losses to Vandy and UT so I am right on schedule. Don't give up hope UK Fans. This is the way I feel. I think we had 2 losses to play with anyways. This just makes it a little tighter and a little less margin for error. Hopefully, they'll rebound and not put themselves in a "must win" situation at Tennessee.
February 13, 200818 yr This is the way I feel. I think we had 2 losses to play with anyways. This just makes it a little tighter and a little less margin for error. Hopefully, they'll rebound and not put themselves in a "must win" situation at Tennessee.Every team has a game like that once in a while, regroup and move on!!:thumb:
February 13, 200818 yr Every team has a game like that once in a while, regroup and move on!!:thumb: I seriously doubt every team has a loss like this ever! This was a loss of epic proportions. 11 points is the lowest ever since shot clock for UK. This loss goes down as one of the worse losses ever for UK. You can't sugarcoat that. I have been following UK basketball since the early 70's, and besides the probation, last night was possibly the lowest this program has been since then. Bubble meet pin!
February 13, 200818 yr I would say one or two losses and UK must win the SEC tourney. Last night may have dropped the breathing room down to one loss. IMO, this team would probably be best served by missing the tournament. It will give them something to play for next season.
February 13, 200818 yr That. Sucked. Like I said in the update thread (actually, the pre-update thread), it took exactly 4:41 for me to realize why I hadn't watched UK in weeks. Last night, they were unwatchable.
February 13, 200818 yr I don't think we are an NCAA team this year unless we win the SEC I agree. Even if they win all of their remaining games going into the SEC tournament (which they won't), they won't make the Big Dance unless they win the tournament. The committee will take a long look at a 41 point loss, regardless if it was on the road.
February 13, 200818 yr Maybe, but we all know they take into consideration how a team plays in the final dozen games or so. Most people had forgotten the Gardner-Webb loss in recent weeks. The NCAA operates in the same way. However, UK had better find a way to win 18-19 games and at least make it to Saturday of the SEC Tournament or get ready to face Akron in the first round of the NIT.
February 13, 200818 yr I agree. Even if they win all of their remaining games going into the SEC tournament (which they won't), they won't make the Big Dance unless they win the tournament. The committee will take a long look at a 41 point loss, regardless if it was on the road. Thats insane and you know it. If they win out, they'll be 6-5 vs the RPI top 50 with TWO wins over the #1 RPI team. They'd be 19-10 (13-3 SEC) before the SEC tourney, and 2nd in the SEC east. They'd also be 12-1 over the last 13 regular season games. Add 1 win in the SECT to put them at 20-11 before the NCAA, and they're in, no question. Now, the odds of them doing that are SLIM. Especially if they play even remotely like they did vs. Vandy. BUT, if they do it they are definitely in.
February 13, 200818 yr My wife and I were at our favorite watering hole with some friends and at half time I could not take it any more and we left. However, when we got home we watched the second half it killed me to watch the way they were playing and how Vandy could do no wrong. My hats off to Vandy and good to see local young man Neltner have a good game. I have always liked Vandy and just not when they play UK. This loss will hurt them unless they can win 6 more games and a couple in the Tourney. If they can't it will be at best a NIT bid. I will survive however, last night was a night mare. JD
February 13, 200818 yr Thats insane and you know it. If they win out, they'll be 6-5 vs the RPI top 50 with TWO wins over the #1 RPI team. They'd be 19-10 (13-3 SEC) before the SEC tourney, and 2nd in the SEC east. They'd also be 12-1 over the last 13 regular season games. Add 1 win in the SECT to put them at 20-11 before the NCAA, and they're in, no question. Now, the odds of them doing that are SLIM. Especially if they play even remotely like they did vs. Vandy. BUT, if they do it they are definitely in. You're right, if they win out their regular season, they'll make it. I suppose my thinking is more geared toward the bolded part.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.