Is Hopson coming?

beleiveinblue54

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that Billy had soured on him a bit b/c of the lack of effort on his part at times. He is still in contact however.

Thats why they haven't really contacted him much before from what I gather, but sounds like that hasn't been as much of a problem this year and that BCG is beginning to get involved again.

^I'm not sure who else he would have been watching in that game?

If Hopson's work ethic and effort has been questioned (a bunch it seems), I'm not sure how he would mesh with BCG's demanding practices and overall scheme?

Which makes me think he sees that and despite how hard UK might recruit him, he will not end up at UK.

I really haven't seen Hopson but his profile (size) seems very similar to Miller do we need them both? Wouldn't they both play a 2 or 3?

Believe me, based on two years of watching him play regularly, any team could use a Scotty Hopson. I know several of you that have seen him a couple of times say he is lazy, etc. but he's an athletic freak and can turn it on and off at will. If that talent is properly used and harnessed, he will be a first rounder. But his mom has been very vocal in the Kentucky New Era that unless BCG personally visits him and contacts him in Hoptown, then UK will not be considered. Whether or not he would work in BCG's system is anybody's guess.

Believe me, based on two years of watching him play regularly, any team could use a Scotty Hopson. I know several of you that have seen him a couple of times say he is lazy, etc. but he's an athletic freak and can turn it on and off at will. If that talent is properly used and harnessed, he will be a first rounder. But his mom has been very vocal in the Kentucky New Era that unless BCG personally visits him and contacts him in Hoptown, then UK will not be considered. Whether or not he would work in BCG's system is anybody's guess.

Would BCG's hardcore, give all you got system make or break him is the question.:thumb:

Heard that Billy had soured on him a bit b/c of the lack of effort on his part at times. He is still in contact however.

That didn't stop him from taking Miller. Miller definitely does not play hard all the time. Many times he has the ability to dominate the opponent but at times he doesn't seem to be playing with maximum effort or aggression. BCG will change that.......or run him off.