Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Hopson coming?

Featured Replies

Maybe the better question is does Billy G. want Hopson?

He's a top ten player in the country according to Rivals.

I would like to see him in Blue and White.

Come on Billy!

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard that Billy had soured on him a bit b/c of the lack of effort on his part at times. He is still in contact however.

Heard that Billy had soured on him a bit b/c of the lack of effort on his part at times. He is still in contact however.

 

Thats why they haven't really contacted him much before from what I gather, but sounds like that hasn't been as much of a problem this year and that BCG is beginning to get involved again.

I did read in one of the High School forums where BCG was at the Kentucky All A Championship game that Hopson was playing in. Don't know if that means anything or not.

^I'm not sure who else he would have been watching in that game?

 

If Hopson's work ethic and effort has been questioned (a bunch it seems), I'm not sure how he would mesh with BCG's demanding practices and overall scheme?

Unless BCG personally courts Hopson's mom pretty strongly, Scotty will not be at UK. I fully expect him to wear the big orange.

Unless BCG personally courts Hopson's mom pretty strongly, Scotty will not be at UK. I fully expect him to wear the big orange.

 

Say it's not so! :cry:

^I'm not sure who else he would have been watching in that game?

 

If Hopson's work ethic and effort has been questioned (a bunch it seems), I'm not sure how he would mesh with BCG's demanding practices and overall scheme?

 

Which makes me think he sees that and despite how hard UK might recruit him, he will not end up at UK.

I really haven't seen Hopson but his profile (size) seems very similar to Miller do we need them both? Wouldn't they both play a 2 or 3?

I really haven't seen Hopson but his profile (size) seems very similar to Miller do we need them both? Wouldn't they both play a 2 or 3?

 

Believe me, based on two years of watching him play regularly, any team could use a Scotty Hopson. I know several of you that have seen him a couple of times say he is lazy, etc. but he's an athletic freak and can turn it on and off at will. If that talent is properly used and harnessed, he will be a first rounder. But his mom has been very vocal in the Kentucky New Era that unless BCG personally visits him and contacts him in Hoptown, then UK will not be considered. Whether or not he would work in BCG's system is anybody's guess.

Believe me, based on two years of watching him play regularly, any team could use a Scotty Hopson. I know several of you that have seen him a couple of times say he is lazy, etc. but he's an athletic freak and can turn it on and off at will. If that talent is properly used and harnessed, he will be a first rounder. But his mom has been very vocal in the Kentucky New Era that unless BCG personally visits him and contacts him in Hoptown, then UK will not be considered. Whether or not he would work in BCG's system is anybody's guess.

 

Would BCG's hardcore, give all you got system make or break him is the question.:thumb:

Heard that Billy had soured on him a bit b/c of the lack of effort on his part at times. He is still in contact however.

 

That didn't stop him from taking Miller. Miller definitely does not play hard all the time. Many times he has the ability to dominate the opponent but at times he doesn't seem to be playing with maximum effort or aggression. BCG will change that.......or run him off.

  • Author

BCG seemed to turn around Crawford's somewhat lazy attitude. Don't you think BCG could do the same with Hopson? Any team needs a guy like Hopson on thier team. Come on Scotty.

I really hope Hopson comes here. If he does, Legion leaving seems like a blessing almost so that we had that free scholarship and an extra to give to an extra big man.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.