Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 62 Elliott Co 55

Featured Replies

:thumb:Nicely put GoRadio, and I still believe you guys are the best in the business of broadcasting HS sports. You are apprecreciated!

 

 

Was good to see Spindoc and LRCW tonight! Wish we could have talked more, but I was kind of busy getting ready for the game!!! I am sure I saw others from here tonight, but either didn't recognize you or don't know you. It was good to see my former college baseball coach, Dale Hensley!!!

  • Replies 171
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only because Morgan is another 16th region team and not a top 25 team. I don't think it is fair to knock Morgan like that just because they are a team that doesn't match up.

 

 

Sorry I didn't spell it out better for you OYP?? No knock on Morgan, but just the next opportuntiy for EC to run it up on someone until they play another decent team. Sorry, but despite Elliott's lopside scores vs. inferior opponents, they seem to remain a team that's not winning the big one?? All I heard last year before the "A" was Elliott County and I look in my program at Richmond and no EC? This year virtually everyone picks them to win the "A" again, and another first round regional upset--I sense a pattern here--Overrated?? Reminds me of a certain Hoptown team from last year's "A", who will win it all this year, if healthy??

I don't think that Elliott County is over rated but I do think that Elliott thought that Rose Hill was just a two man team. When the other players for Rose Hill step up and play to their potential it only makes Euton and Jackson better.

 

Sorry but outside of their own region I don't think schools like Mason Cty, LexCath, Scott Cty and some of your Lov. and Lex. schools are to concerned about Elliott Co. Just my opinion.

Sorry I didn't spell it out better for you OYP?? No knock on Morgan, but just the next opportuntiy for EC to run it up on someone until they play another decent team. Sorry, but despite Elliott's lopside scores vs. inferior opponents, they seem to remain a team that's not winning the big one?? All I heard last year before the "A" was Elliott County and I look in my program at Richmond and no EC? This year virtually everyone picks them to win the "A" again, and another first round regional upset--I sense a pattern here--Overrated?? Reminds me of a certain Hoptown team from last year's "A", who will win it all this year, if healthy??

Actually Elliot County did make it to Richmond last year, but only briefly. They were "upset" by Paintsville in the opening round.

 

This will hurt attendance at the All "A" State as someone posted back on Page 2. Because of all of the publicity that seems to surround them just here on BGP and througout the state because of their wide margains of victory, and having played in the Fifth/Third this year, there would have been a lot of general interest in Elliot County in this year's "A" State.

 

IF they make it to Richmond, Rose Hill will draw an MCI crowd to their games (Friends and family). Still a little too much bad blood from bygone days too soon to be embraced by the general public. In most quadrants RH is still one of the teams that much of the state loves to hate.

WOW--Great win for Rose Hill!! Lots of All "A" brackets are messed up now. Isn't that two years in a row Elliott was supposed to be a major factor in the "A" State and didn't even make it to Richmond??
Elliott made it to Richmond, but lost to Paintsville in the first round with Ferguson playing on a gimpy ankle.

That should quell the Elliott "top-5" and "top-10" talk for a while.

Hats off to Ms. Liberty and eecher for posting on this thread. They both made crazy perdictions but they showed up on a tough night. :thumb:

 

Thanks MC . . . I am an avid supporter of this team but I at least try to live by the golden rule and do not "bash" other teams and/or individuals.

 

My predictions are my opinion of how the games will end based upon factual historical information of the teams. As an example: Elliott came out victorious against Bath County by a large margin but Bath County was the winner against Rose Hill by almost as much, therefore . . . Elliott would be the victor against Rose Hill.

Actually Elliot County did make it to Richmond last year, but only briefly. They were "upset" by Paintsville in the opening round.

 

This will hurt attendance at the All "A" State as someone posted back on Page 2. Because of all of the publicity that seems to surround them just here on BGP and througout the state because of their wide margains of victory, and having played in the Fifth/Third this year, there would have been a lot of general interest in Elliot County in this year's "A" State.

 

IF they make it to Richmond, Rose Hill will draw an MCI crowd to their games (Friends and family). Still a little too much bad blood from bygone days too soon to be embraced by the general public. In most quadrants RH is still one of the teams that much of the state loves to hate.

Winning is important, not how many tickets are sold at the gate.

Winning is important, not how many tickets are sold at the gate.
Obviously that is the most important fact (winning) or the event would be the Touchstone Energy All "A" Invitational State Tournament.

 

I was merely commenting on an earlier poster's comments and elaborating that Elliot County would have been a very popular participant in this year's "A" State Tournament and differing with the poster that said that Rose Hill would draw equally as many.

Thanks MC . . . I am an avid supporter of this team but I at least try to live by the golden rule and do not "bash" other teams and/or individuals.

 

My predictions are my opinion of how the games will end based upon factual historical information of the teams. As an example: Elliott came out victorious against Bath County by a large margin but Bath County was the winner against Rose Hill by almost as much, therefore . . . Elliott would be the victor against Rose Hill.

 

Does that mean all of the teams that beat Rose Hill would beat Elliott County by your reasoning?

17-60 from the field for EC. 28 percent from the field.

 

25-47 from the field for RH. 53 percent for RH.

 

42-25 rebound edge for Royals.

17 turnovers for RH

8 turnovers for EC.

 

Ferguson with 13, 2-15 from field.

Evan Faulkner 18

Ethan Faulkner 14

 

Euton with 23

Jackson with 17

 

Story of the game right there in FG % for EC. No team that shoots 28% is going to win many games. When they fall they fall, when they dont you typically lose. Congrats to Rose Hill for the big Victory. They are still a young team and are going to be inconsistent. Make no bones about it, the next time these two teams meet if they do it could be a totally different story. If Ferguson hits 40% of his shots it probably means he takes 5-8 more and scores much more. I would love to see the rematch.

Thanks MC , I try to be a "little" gracious at time . But it was one heck of a ballgame one must admit. Elliott has a week to work on their game and think of the loss. Good luck to the Hill in the tourney.

Sorry I didn't spell it out better for you OYP?? No knock on Morgan, but just the next opportuntiy for EC to run it up on someone until they play another decent team. Sorry, but despite Elliott's lopside scores vs. inferior opponents, they seem to remain a team that's not winning the big one?? All I heard last year before the "A" was Elliott County and I look in my program at Richmond and no EC? This year virtually everyone picks them to win the "A" again, and another first round regional upset--I sense a pattern here--Overrated?? Reminds me of a certain Hoptown team from last year's "A", who will win it all this year, if healthy??

 

Your book from last year must be from the Girls All A because I could have sworn I sat there & watched EC get beat by Paintsville, or should I say get beat by their own coaching. It was definitely one of the worst coached games I have ever seen!

Does that mean all of the teams that beat Rose Hill would beat Elliott County by your reasoning?

 

There's an exception to EVERY rule.

Congratulations to Rose Hill for a good win. Chad Jackson handled the pressure well and is a big time player. Euton dominated the boards and the rest of the cast has improved greatly. Nobody wins shooting 17-60. Elliott made no adjustments offensively to counter the poor outside shooting. The Faulkners and Ferguson are able to score inside. I am surprised very little effort was made to post up one of the twins on a weaker guard. Morgan showed a little intensity when he came in to play the post but, just doesn't have the athletic abitlity. Other than that Elliott had no interior defense or scoring. I have a feeling these two teams will meet again and Elliott probably will shoot a little better than 28%. Good Luck to Rose Hill. They should make it to Richmond and represent the 16th well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.