Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 62 Elliott Co 55

Featured Replies

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be talking about these two teams again in the regional finals. At least I hope so.

 

I'm with you. That would be great but don't overlook Bath County or East Carter.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42-25 on the boards? Wow. I know Elliott doesn't have a great deal of height, but that's just crazy.

I've seen EC play once and I'm surprised by this. I guess everyone has bad nights. Congrats to Rose Hill.

Great win for the Royals!! Looks like Elliott had an off night from the field(28%). I'd say the Royal's defense had a bit to do with that but I'd also say that Elliott had an off night as well. I still think Elliott is the clear favorite when it comes regional time with all the experience they have in the regional tourney but I guess you now have to say that the armour has been pierced. I feel sorry for the next few teams that have to play Elliott! This region is still Elliott's to loose. The question I ask is can Rose Hill's supporting cast step up consistently game after game? They played a very tough schedule thus far and I think it will play off with the supporters the most. I definately think Rose Hill is the only one that can defeat Elliott come tourney time, if they're clicking on all cylinders like it looks at though they were tonight. Congrats to Rose Hill on a HUGE win!!

 

Tonight, I do a little :dancingpa in your honor, I didn't think Elliott would loose a game in th 16th. Kudos!

Sounded like an amazing game....I believe that I warned Elliott fans that teams in this region can beat them. Elliott is still the favorite to win the region, and this game should help them in the long run. Looking at the stats, EC was very cold, Rose Hill must have had an excellent game plan as well. Got to give credit to the Royals for playing hard, and to Coach Fraley for pulling out the W, when few thought that he would. While the 16th isn't completely wide open, it seems that it will actually be worth watching the regional tournament now, as the end result isn't a 100% sure thing anymore. Euton and Jackson are as scary a combo as there is anywhere in this part of the state, just wait until they are seniors.....yikes. To put this game into perspective it is possible that there were 6 potential D1 players on the floor to start the game so it is amazing that that much talent could be collected at 1 single All-A classic game between two of the smallest schools in the state.

A very good game for the Hill.

WOW!!! What a game!! Congrats Royals!! Your hard work has really paid off!!!

You guys are awesome!!

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Rose Hill just shook up the world (at least the 16th region world). I thought they were better equipped than the rest of the 16th to fight with Elliott due to a terribly strong schedule. The thing with Rose Hill is since the Bath game their bench players have really come on strong. I really think the 16th regional will be a three team race; Rose Hill, Elliott and East can win it all, while teams like Bath, Raceland, Fairview and West could pull an upset. As great as Elliott Co. is, Rose Hill has shown they are right there.

Man, does this make the rest of the year exciting!

 

Congrats Rose Hill!

WOW!! That is about all that I can say. I sure didn't think that this would happen. Rose Hill has a very good basketball team anmd I am not putting them down at all. Elliot was just beating everyone so bad that I didn't think that anyone in this region would beat them.

 

Congrats to Rose Hill on the HUGE Win. :thumb:

Ciongratulations from one Royal to another. This sounds like another game that shouldn't have been played in the first round.

I really should have gone to this game! I was going to go but I changed my mind.

 

What are the chances of Bath County making it to Richmond? Haven't they beat Rose Hill already this year?

I really should have gone to this game! I was going to go but I changed my mind.

 

What are the chances of Bath County making it to Richmond? Haven't they beat Rose Hill already this year?

 

They definitely have a shot. They are playing at home and they beat RH by 18 earlier in the finals of RH's tournament. Bath must get by Fairview first though.

Just got back to Grayson from Owingsville. This one was a great game. Two very good teams with very good coaching. To answer a few questions I have read so far:

1. This game was very well officiated. I know there will be those who will come in and say otherwise, but the officials were not a factor in the game. They did their job and did it very well.

 

2. Elliott Co shot very poorly, but a big part of that was the Royal defense. Ferguson did miss some pretty wide open 3 balls that he usually knocks down, but for the most part he had a hand in his face all night.

 

3. The game boiled down to rebounding. Elliott got very few second chances and Rose Hill got 4 put back buckets early from Euton.

 

4. It was the Elliott defense that kept them in the game. When they pressed (which was not that much) they were able to turn Rose Hill over several times (18 turnovers) but then could not convert very many of those turnovers directly to baskets, which is a strength for them. Rose Hill did a phenominal job in transition defense.

 

5. I know I will take a beating for this, but if Elliott shoots anywhere near their season average, they win this game. But they didn't and Rose Hill should get all the credit in the world for taking advantage of the poor shooting night and playing their game to a victory.

 

Go ahead, take your pot shots at my post and my call of the game. I am a big boy, I can take it.

Have to admit thought Elloitt would represent the 16th in Richmond.

 

THis has to be the SHOCKER thus far in ALL "A".

No shots taken at you here GR,(I would probably miss anyway :D)

I was hoping to hear you analogy on this one. I hope that no one goes to blaming officials.

I have seen a very few and I mean a VERY FEW games in my life where I actually could say that officials cost a team a basketball game. Usually all anyone has to do is to look at te scorebooks/stat sheets and they will see why.

Rebounding/turnovers/ shooting pct. / FT shooting and the like will all cost a team a game long before officiating will. I obviously don't know what all of these stats were but I would be willing to bet that a reason for an Elliot loss and the RH win will be found right there.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.