Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 62 Elliott Co 55

Featured Replies

Just got back to Grayson from Owingsville. This one was a great game. Two very good teams with very good coaching. To answer a few questions I have read so far:

1. This game was very well officiated. I know there will be those who will come in and say otherwise, but the officials were not a factor in the game. They did their job and did it very well.

 

2. Elliott Co shot very poorly, but a big part of that was the Royal defense. Ferguson did miss some pretty wide open 3 balls that he usually knocks down, but for the most part he had a hand in his face all night.

 

3. The game boiled down to rebounding. Elliott got very few second chances and Rose Hill got 4 put back buckets early from Euton.

 

4. It was the Elliott defense that kept them in the game. When they pressed (which was not that much) they were able to turn Rose Hill over several times (18 turnovers) but then could not convert very many of those turnovers directly to baskets, which is a strength for them. Rose Hill did a phenominal job in transition defense.

 

5. I know I will take a beating for this, but if Elliott shoots anywhere near their season average, they win this game. But they didn't and Rose Hill should get all the credit in the world for taking advantage of the poor shooting night and playing their game to a victory.

 

Go ahead, take your pot shots at my post and my call of the game. I am a big boy, I can take it.

 

:thumb:Nicely put GoRadio, and I still believe you guys are the best in the business of broadcasting HS sports. You are apprecreciated!

  • Replies 171
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back to Grayson from Owingsville. This one was a great game. Two very good teams with very good coaching. To answer a few questions I have read so far:

1. This game was very well officiated. I know there will be those who will come in and say otherwise, but the officials were not a factor in the game. They did their job and did it very well.

 

2. Elliott Co shot very poorly, but a big part of that was the Royal defense. Ferguson did miss some pretty wide open 3 balls that he usually knocks down, but for the most part he had a hand in his face all night.

 

3. The game boiled down to rebounding. Elliott got very few second chances and Rose Hill got 4 put back buckets early from Euton.

 

4. It was the Elliott defense that kept them in the game. When they pressed (which was not that much) they were able to turn Rose Hill over several times (18 turnovers) but then could not convert very many of those turnovers directly to baskets, which is a strength for them. Rose Hill did a phenominal job in transition defense.

 

5. I know I will take a beating for this, but if Elliott shoots anywhere near their season average, they win this game. But they didn't and Rose Hill should get all the credit in the world for taking advantage of the poor shooting night and playing their game to a victory.

 

Go ahead, take your pot shots at my post and my call of the game. I am a big boy, I can take it.

 

Do you have stats for the game?

Live by the 3, die by the 3!

 

Congratulations to RH. Congratulations to Tony Arthur and his defense on Ferguson. Many of the RH turnovers were under their own basket. I wouldn't say that the press accounted for as many as it may seem. Good luck on Friday.:ylsuper:

I might add congratulations to coach Tim Fraley, well game planned. Good effort by all!

Do you have stats for the game?

 

Read post #22.

Well my first game of the year sure was a great one. I agree with pretty much all of what GoRadio said. I thought the game was very well officiated. Sure there were some calls that upset one team or the other, but a very good job by Greenhill and Hall. Elliott County struggled big time from the outside, and pretty much had no inside game to go to when their shots weren't falling. Euton and Jackson hit the boards hard for Rose Hill and they capitalized on 2nd chances. I must admit that I was surprised that Elliott County didn't press more. From what I had heard about them all year, they pressed full court non stop. I just didn't see that tonight. Rose Hill got some big games from their supporting cast which went a long way. I was impressed with Robbie Barber. He hit some big 3's for the Royals when they needed them. I think little Johnny Bush had 3 rebounds within a minute period at one time. Arthur also had some key contributions as did Davis. A total team effort by the Royals, and spindoc was gracious enough to invite me to ride back down with his family on Friday. I think he's planning on using me as his good luck charm as long as he can. :D

I think this game came down to four things:

 

1. Tony Arthur's defense and ball handling. He made Ferguson work and took some of the pressure off Jackson. I thought he made the biggest play of the night when he dribble through Elliott's press and found Barber for a big basket right after Elliott took the lead in the 4th.

 

2. Rebounding. Rose Hill dominated another team on the backboard. I can't remember hardly any second chance points for Elliott.

 

3. Elliott played most of the game 4 on 5. If anyone was at the game they no what I mean. I believe this a problem that if it is not solved could be their ultimate demise.

 

4. Tim Fraley's decision to play man to man for a large percentage of the game. I know I wouldn't have done it and I would have been wrong. For some reason Elliott never tried to exploit Rose Hill in the post with one of the Faulkner boys. Go figure.

 

Rose Hill's supporting cast is improving. Big baskets from Barber, Bush, Malloy, and Davis. Maybe it is no accident that Rose Hill's opponents keep shooting low percentages.

Amazing, Rose Hill is 5 - 5 over their last 10 games with losses to Moss Point (by 10), Centennial (by 2), Lexington Christian (by 5), Fairdale (by 7), and Manual (by 25).

 

Is Rose Hill turning the corner? Nice win.

Amazing, Rose Hill is 5 - 5 over their last 10 games with losses to Moss Point (by 10), Centennial (by 2), Lexington Christian (by 5), Fairdale (by 7), and Manual (by 25).

 

Is Rose Hill turning the corner? Nice win.

 

Well I'm afraid to say but right now it kinda looks like it. I just hope they turn the corner one more time on Friday.

Well, well, well. I guess this was more of a game than many expected.

 

Does this make Rose Hill the best team in 16th region history?

Well, well, well. I guess this was more of a game than many expected.

 

Does this make Rose Hill the best team in 16th region history?

 

No, this just means that Elliott laid an egg tonight.

Well, well, well. I guess this was more of a game than many expected.

 

Does this make Rose Hill the best team in 16th region history?

 

There's another thread debating that right now.

No, this just means that Elliott laid an egg tonight.

 

Maybe just maybe Rose Hill induced their labor.

 

I think this is a loss that probably benefits Elliott down the road.

Maybe just maybe Rose Hill induced their labor.

 

I think this is a loss that probably benefits Elliott down the road.

 

Rose Hill is a good team, but the way both teams have been playing makes this outcome pretty shocking. I agree that this will help Elliott in the long run when it gets into the tournament that counts the most.

Well, well, well. I guess this was more of a game than many expected.

 

Does this make Rose Hill the best team in 16th region history?

 

This is a good way to get this thread closed:eek:

 

Congratulations to Rose Hill. This is a much improved team since they played Bath Co. Elliott is as good as I have heard people say. They just wasn't the best team tonight. Coach Fraley and his staff had the players ready for this game. Good luck to the "Hill" on Friday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.