Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 62 Elliott Co 55

Featured Replies

:laugh::laugh::laugh: It will be even bigger Friday night. Spindoc has promised me we will stop at BW3's on the way out Friday night. It was good to get out, and see the Royals. I had a great time. I'll have to make it out more often. :thumb:

Wings are but a small price to pay for the big ole good luck charm.:thumb:

  • Replies 171
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well. I guess this was more of a game than many expected.

 

Does this make Rose Hill the best team in 16th region history?

 

IMO not yet anyway. Elliot I believe still is right there but I do and have always believed the old saying bc it is so true........"On any Given Night....".

 

If a team doesn't "Bring It" every time out they will get beat. IMO Elliot, Rose Hill, East C. and a couple of others could rise up and win this thing (16th).

 

My advice to any good team "favorite" or any team that is not counted as a favorite would be to quit reading your press clippings..........

"A team is never as bad as some are telling them and a team is never as good as people are saying or that they think they are." ;)

Elliott is the best team in the region right now. And RH is in my book a close 2nd. Last night both teams played their hearts out and RH came out on top if they meet again who knows who would win. Both teams have terrific players that are vital their success. Congrats to RH. Hope to see these 2 play in Morehead.

This game is not a case of overestimating Elliott County as much as it has been a case of underestimating Rose Hill. Elliott is a very good team. They play team ball as well as any other team in the state. They didn’t get to be an AP Top 5 team in Kentucky by having off nights. There’s some good reasons for shots not falling that normally do, or an offense being off balance.

 

Tim Fraley is a gambler. He put together an insane schedule that could have completely demoralized his team, or gradually made them better, even if it meant hitting the second half of the season with a really ugly record. Apparently, Rose Hill isn’t broken. It turns out Fraley hasn’t just been bluffing with a weak hand. Rose Hill is not even close to being the same team they were in December – or even the first week of January. When you think about it, this kind of growth isn’t unusual for a team that starts three sophs and a freshman.

 

When it comes right down to it, nothing of significance was decided last night. The real payoff game is Friday. This was just a great high school basketball game between two hardnosed and talented teams. I predict that both will regroup quickly and continue to tear up the 16th. I for one look forward to a rematch in March.

Wouldn't want to be poor Morgan County next week--I smell another 100 coming?

 

Will this be just another example of Elliott running it up against another inferior team (no disrespect to Morgan Co.)? Will they want to beat them by 60 to show how tough they are? I agree with a previous post, Elliott Co. is over-rated. Haven't beat a top ranked team and didn't win the All A crown in the 16th. Good luck the rest of the season but maybe you Elliott fans should take it one game at a time and don't have them going to Rupp because it may not happen.

Congratulations to Coach Fraley and the Royals for what most consider a HUGE upset, they answered everything Elliot had tonight and were the better

TEAM tonight. Elliot's shots weren't falling and that had a lot to do with their play, but Elliot did not have their usual passion tonight. I understand exactly what the earlier poster said about playing 4 on 5. Elliot will not reach their full potential until they get every one playing with the same intensity that most of them have. Aside from that, it was a great high school basketball game with a lot of ebb and flows that wasn't decided until the final minute.

I'm sure Elliot County will be back with a vengeance, but tonight, its hats off to the Royals, and I think they realize they haven't won anything yet, but

it will be interesting to see how they respond in the finals. If this team has truly "matured" , they could get "scary":scared:

I don't know if they are the best team of all time, but they could at least give last years Russell team a good game :D :argue:

 

Is that the team that scored 25 points at the state? :p sorry you left your self wide open on that one.:D

Is that the team that scored 25 points at the state? :p sorry you left your self wide open on that one.:D

Perhaps it's you that should get your years right. Last year they didn't go to state, Elliott did. He's speaking on behalf of that team before the VanHoose injury. Good try though. Now let's get back to the topic of the game, please!

My congratulations to Rose Hill, I wish them the best of luck throughout the remainging portion of the All A region.

Here is the question to ponder? And I'll take all answers objective or bias.

 

If Elliott shoots 53% and Rose Hill shoots 28% and Elliott is even in rebounds vs. getting beat badly, then is it still a 1 point game with under a minute to play?? I would read the stat line without looking at the score and think RH won by 25. That however was not the case. It was anybody's game inside one minute. Let the responses go!!!

Here is the question to ponder? And I'll take all answers objective or bias.

 

If Elliott shoots 53% and Rose Hill shoots 28% and Elliott is even in rebounds vs. getting beat badly, then is it still a 1 point game with under a minute to play?? I would read the stat line without looking at the score and think RH won by 25. That however was not the case. It was anybody's game inside one minute. Let the responses go!!!

 

 

That's an awful lot of ifs you have there. If Rose Hill had turned the ball over 9 fewer times, and had scored on half of those possesions instead of Elliott Co. converting on those turnovers would it have been a 35 point win for Rose Hill?

Here is the question to ponder? And I'll take all answers objective or bias.

 

If Elliott shoots 53% and Rose Hill shoots 28% and Elliott is even in rebounds vs. getting beat badly, then is it still a 1 point game with under a minute to play?? I would read the stat line without looking at the score and think RH won by 25. That however was not the case. It was anybody's game inside one minute. Let the responses go!!!

 

Young man, if Ken Norton wouldn't have watched Ali's feet doing the rope-a-dope he wouldn't have been hit in the nose nearly as much. It's simple really. Both teams had mistakes. From what I saw, Rose Hill missed nearly as many layups as Elliott missed 3's. Sometimes teams lose. It's tough to deal with that and move on, and I hope that Elliott County's boys are already over it and headed on to face Morgan with no residual effects from this loss. I will guess that it will be the fans that lament over it for weeks. Even if the score is reversed next time they face one another, assuming that happens, there's not the blowout margin between these 2 teams. It's just not there.

 

Hope this doesn't throw a left hook in your ear. Only in America, baby!

Here is the question to ponder? And I'll take all answers objective or bias.

 

If Elliott shoots 53% and Rose Hill shoots 28% and Elliott is even in rebounds vs. getting beat badly, then is it still a 1 point game with under a minute to play?? I would read the stat line without looking at the score and think RH won by 25. That however was not the case. It was anybody's game inside one minute. Let the responses go!!!

 

These ifs are why they play the game to see what team is the BETTER team on that day and what coach can out coach the other with a better game plan.Maybe when they meet Elliott will be the better team that day maybe not.Every team in the state could use these ifs that you have in there when they loose,But the Right thing to do is just say RH was a better team than Elliott was last night and move on.I think Rhs defense is why the shots wasn't falling just like when they played CovCath.;)

That's an awful lot of ifs you have there. If Rose Hill had turned the ball over 9 fewer times, and had scored on half of those possesions instead of Elliott Co. converting on those turnovers would it have been a 35 point win for Rose Hill?

 

Good point LRCW. My point is Elliott got outplayed (with the exception of turnovers) in every area, but it was still a nail biter. Frankly (and I was there) I'm not sure how they hung around because even though it was my first time seeing the Hill they have some impressive talent in Euton and Jackson.

These ifs are why they play the game to see what team is the BETTER team on that day and what coach can out coach the other with a better game plan.Maybe when they meet Elliott will be the better team that day maybe not.Every team in the state could use these ifs that you have in there when they loose,But the Right thing to do is just say RH was a better team than Elliott was last night and move on.I think Rhs defense is why the shots wasn't falling just like when they played CovCath.;)

 

Agreed they were the better team last night and about the same time you were hitting this response I was hitting mine to LRCW and giving Rose Hill credit. Again I am impressed with the talent of that team.

Here is the question to ponder? And I'll take all answers objective or bias.

 

If Elliott shoots 53% and Rose Hill shoots 28% and Elliott is even in rebounds vs. getting beat badly, then is it still a 1 point game with under a minute to play?? I would read the stat line without looking at the score and think RH won by 25. That however was not the case. It was anybody's game inside one minute. Let the responses go!!!

 

If frogs had wings, they wouldn't have calluses on their rear-ends!:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.