How are the smaller classes looking next year?

My outlook of Eastern Kentucky 1A: there should be some good football teams in the East in 1A.

LCA will be ranked number one in the East after last season's State Championship appearance. LCA returns a lot, I believe they lost several linemen and a receiver or two, but their strong backfield is in tact. LCA should be solid.

Raceland will be very strong with virtually everyone back. Raceland lost two offensive starters and three defensive starters. Raceland's backfield is intact, with a thousand yard rusher, a six hundred hard rusher, and a QB who threw for a thousand yards; a very strong offensive line is back as well.

Hazard is going to be very strong as well. I look for LCA, Raceland, and Hazard to be the strongest 1A teams from the east. Hazard, as I understand, is returning virtually everyone as well, after a strong performance last season. The regional championship should be LCA/Raceland versus Hazard.

Fairview was hit hard with graduation, but may be better then most expect. Fairview will have a new head coach and could be very energetic about the new blood. I look for Fairview to finish third in the district behind LCA and Raceland.

Paris will be improved. Last season was the first with a new coach, and I expect this season to much improved for Paris. I think their new coach is well planted and is really going to make an impact. Paris will be in strong contention for the third and fourth playoff spot with Fairview and Nicholas Co.

Nicholas Co. will also be in contention for the third and fourth playoff spot as well with Fairview and Paris. I, honestly, do not know for sure what Nicholas lost to graduation, but I expect them to be competitive.

Pikeville, I think may not have as strong of a season as last year. They will have a new coach and graduated several key players. I am sure Pikeville will play well, but I think it will take a season to firmly seat the new coach, which has not been hired yet.

I sure LCA will be able to fill all of there vacancies up threw paid tuition. They will be state champs this year. With the blessing of KHSAA of coarse. Also in AA I would say it will be NCC or LC.

I say prove it, or post this garbage somewhere else.

I say prove it, or post this garbage somewhere else.

I think it has been put out there already hasn't? Didn't they get fined? Or, Do you want it to go away? Sorry just stating facts. For that LCA will win State or for AA it will be NCC or LC. That just my Guess Right? Did I step on anybodies toes? If I did I sorry. Look back at past champions. Are there very many public schools that win. I know LCA are new to the game. But they are just now learning give them a break. They wont get caught again. :thumb:

I definently agree Lca looks and will be strong, stil haven't taken a position on the recruiting ordeal. But also look at Beechwood...a couple starters back from last year...what about Frankfort what are they looking like? as well as hazard and mayfield. Anybody from those schools give me some insight?:fight:

This is off topic guys, but I've got to say this....I am by no means a private school guy. On game nights, you could easily say I'm REALLY against it. But this forum has got to move beyond bashing the LCA's of the world every time a good topic like this comes up. Let it go...move on...or simply just use it for a topic related to that content.

Now back to the topic...I have a dark horse pick. I think Campbellsville will make a very strong run in the playoffs, possibly to the regional finals again, or even beyond. They were very young last year, but were big, strong, and fast. Probably the biggest (size wise) team C-ville has ever had. If they can find an effective replacment for RB Shumari Bridgewater, they could make a real impact. Don't go by their predistrict schedule/record. Coach Wiseman likes to play some tough non district games, that they might not quite be ready for.

I sure LCA will be able to fill all of there vacancies up threw paid tuition. They will be state champs this year. With the blessing of KHSAA of coarse. Also in AA I would say it will be NCC or LC.

1. There used to be rules on this forum. You are accusing a school of future recruiting. In the past this has been frowned upon. I guess we live in a brave new world.

2. You have no proof the football program was even involved.

3. The KHSAA might just keep a closer eye on LCA in the future.

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact http://www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

Wow, KYPRIDE, did you just buy interest in BGP's? I can't say I disagree w/you but as you well know, humans will be humans. We tend to open our mouths and insert both feet most of the time and usually have no idea what we are talking about.

The LCA incident is public knowledge and has been reported in the paper. I don't think people talking about it on here would be a violation due to the reports being out. Not saying any of the kids were football players, it would be hard for me to believe that none of the 16 kids in the report were not football players.

Anyway, LCA has to be the favorite next yr w/all they return but until someone beats Beechwood, they are still #1 and the defending champions. I think Pikeville will be good again and as always, Mayfield will be in the hunt and Frankfort returns some very good skilled players!

Hazard has to be found someplace close to the top when you look at next year's potential champions. They have all of their starters back except for three and they have a strong feeder program which always seems to come through when a position needs to be filled. We have also had a transfer...Erik Back, who will be a big benefit to our football team next year. In closing, I must say...

Go Dawgs!