Why don't these 4 catch on?

HHSDad

You all have pretty much confirmed my fears. The presidential election has more in common with the Miss America pagent than the selection of a national leader.

Whew!!! We are safe than. Cause no way Hilary is EVER winning a Miss or Mrs America pageant.:D

To address your question, cause they media is not telling people that these are who you should vote for.

I was hoping that Tancredo would get some attention because he is known for anti-illegal immgration. I was hoping that the issue would get more room in the debate besides who does Romney's landscaping...

Chris Dodd is slightly bland...

Joe Biden comes across as a bit arrogant and condescending. Probably been in the Senate too long and is thought of as a Washington 'insider'. I think he'd make a good VP, he would bring alot of foreign policy experience to any ticket...

Duncan Hunter's strong military background and his anti-illegal immigration stance should have him in the top tier of Republican circles, but for some reason that I can't figure out, he doesn't even show up on the radar...

Whew!!! We are safe than. Cause no way Hilary is EVER winning a Miss or Mrs America pageant.:D

To address your question, cause they media is not telling people that these are who you should vote for.

You nailed it! So many people let the media decide their vote. If a candidate is not "sexy" to the media but is much in tuned with us "real people", they will virtually make them disappear or dig up every little quirk they may have and shove it down our throats. We should never watch television or read the newspaper when trying to decide who to vote for. We should do our OWN research on the candidates. Some of the worlds greatest leaders that were full of character and integrity had odd quirks/ideas or problems in their past, just like 99.95% of us plain folk. The media has a way of making "real" people look stupid.

I was hoping that Tancredo would get some attention because he is known for anti-illegal immgration. I was hoping that the issue would get more room in the debate besides who does Romney's landscaping...

Chris Dodd is slightly bland...

Joe Biden comes across as a bit arrogant and condescending. Probably been in the Senate too long and is thought of as a Washington 'insider'. I think he'd make a good VP, he would bring alot of foreign policy experience to any ticket...

Duncan Hunter's strong military background and his anti-illegal immigration stance should have him in the top tier of Republican circles, but for some reason that I can't figure out, he doesn't even show up on the radar...

Agreed.

I would prefer the Democrats nominate Biden or Dodd, but they're too centrist to survive the Democratic primaries, just as some Republicans may be too close to the middle for the neocons.

Biden and Dodd both have the same problems: They're boring and they haven't managed to say or do anything interesting enough to stand out in either a positive or negative fashion.

Although I will say that in Biden's case, it's hard to knock a man who rides Amtrak three hours a day every day to get back and forth from his home in Wilmington to his office in Washington.