Pakistan opposition leader Bhutto killed...

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al-Qaeda tried knocking her off in October.

It is known that they have likely infiltrated the Pakistani security as well.

Personally, I don't think Mushereff sp? is involved.

I didn't either, but I was very concerned that the Pakistani people would blame him. However, the opposition political parties there --- at least, the ones that aren't Taliban fronts --- are strongly agreeing with the Musharraf government's assertion that Islamic radicals are responsible for this murder.

It certainly makes sense. Killing Bhutto pushes Pakistan that much farther down its slide into chaos, if a way can be found for Musharraf or his people to take the blame. It's possible that in death, Bhutto can do more to save the Pakistani state than she could by staying alive.

One thing bothers me ... She knew terrorists tried to kill her on her first day back in Pakistan. She knew terrorist gunmen had attacked another opposition rally earlier today, killing 3 and wounding 17. Yet as her Land Cruiser is leaving, she opens the sunroof, stands up and starts waving as the SUV slowly drives away. (Photos on a Flash photo album on CNN's website)

From a security point of view, that's just stupid. The smart thing to do is to keep the vehicle secure and leave in a hurry --- if you're driving 90mph and somebody is following you, they tend to stand out somewhat. :lol:

I have to wonder why she opened the sunroof.

Yeah, but then you need a crew and an airfield. You can mount a 214 inside the sliding cargo door of a minivan. Drive up, slam on the brakes, open the side door, offer your terms of negotiation and then leave.

You know, I would love to add to or make another comment, but I am too busy laughing right now to think of one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I recommend a GE M-214 minigun to negotiate with terrorists.

I am partial to a GAU-8 Avenger myself.

I'll go with the AC-130 Spectre.

Or just send Chuck Norris.

From some of the things I have read in the past, many in the CIA would love to launch some sort of covert assault in the warlord region of the Northwestern Pakistan, on the Afghan border, where many feel Bin Laden may be holed up.

However, they would need approval from the Pakistani government...yet some say they don't because there is no rule of law in that region.

From some of the things I have read in the past, many in the CIA would love to launch some sort of covert assault in the warlord region of the Northwestern Pakistan, on the Afghan border, where many feel Bin Laden may be holed up.

However, they would need approval from the Pakistani government...yet some say they don't because there is no rule of law in that region.

"Some" would be wrong, according to international law. U.S. forces would need permission from the government in Islamabad. That said, I'm not certain our government needs to wade into yet another quagmire in Asia (and given that there's not much oil there, I'm not sure the current administration would want to).

The Musharraf government says al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility for the attack. I haven't seen any independent confirmation of that as of yet.