Beechwood 35 Bellevue 2 (1A)

As far as the coach being tossed, I dont know the particulars so I cant comment on that. I'd like to think Eckstein does a better job of getting those kids in a mindsight to try and win the game and not hurt another player.

Good Luck to Beechwood, they should roll.

I know this was came from a previous post, but should be addressed. Bellevue DOES NOT try to intentionally hurt another player. End of story.

Beechwood was the better team last night. They were bigger and stronger and it showed. They should be favorites to win another title this year. However, I think they will have trouble if they run up against a team that can match their size.

Keep in mind....although Bellevue did have a coach ejected...Beechwood also had at least 3 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike....So, I think the class of each program was well matched

True but 2/3 personal fouls on Beechwood were penalties that I have never seen called on an offensive player, leading w/the helmet as the ball carrier. He had no choice but to duck his head so not to allow the Bellevue players to dive helmet first into his legs, which had happened twice already. I thought the entire ref crew were thinking they were calling a peewee game.

As for the poets comment, I don't believe they were intentionally trying to hurt another player but a few of the personal calls against Bellevue were dirty especially the one on the screen, 30 yds down field the Bellevue player(defense) purposely took out the centers knee, neither player was close to the play, not necessary at all but he got caught.

The coach of Bellevue was ejected for back to back unsportsmanlike penalties .He was complaining about a play where the ball was at least 20 yds on down field .The bellevue player dove in and took the legs of a Beechwood player ,like I said well behind the play .If I am not mistaken 2 different refs threw the flags .

I do not remember that many personal /unsportsmanlike penalties on B'Wood ,but may have missed 1 .

B'Wood took the opening kickoff and drove right down the field inside the B'Vue 20 only to fumble again .The 2 fumbles last week and that 1 this week may prove costly as they get deeper in the playoffs .Hopefully they can get this taken care of .

On to round 3 .Anyone have insight on Louisville Holy Cross ??

The coach was ejected for getting on the sideline official. Show me a game where that does not happen. That was the unsportsmanlike penalties. It was not from a player.

It was worse than just "getting on" the sideline official. Alot worse!!!

True but 2/3 personal fouls on Beechwood were penalties that I have never seen called on an offensive player, leading w/the helmet as the ball carrier. He had no choice but to duck his head so not to allow the Bellevue players to dive helmet first into his legs, which had happened twice already. I thought the entire ref crew were thinking they were calling a peewee game.

As for the poets comment, I don't believe they were intentionally trying to hurt another player but a few of the personal calls against Bellevue were dirty especially the one on the screen, 30 yds down field the Bellevue player(defense) purposely took out the centers knee, neither player was close to the play, not necessary at all but he got caught.

The KHSAA has emphasized illegal helmet contact starting this year. Every official in the state went to a rules clinic prior to the season and during that clinic the clinician Julian Tackett spent 20 min solely on illegal helmet contact and how it was going to be called starting this year. The rule for illegal helmet contact does not specify offense or defense, it states player and that includes ball carrier. Tackett specifically stated that carrier can and should be called for illegal contact if he initiates the contact. The ball carrier can not lower his head in order to "punish" the defender. Now, if that ball carrier lowers his head in order to absorb the hit than that's one thing but he can't lower his head and initiate the hit leading with his head. It is something that you haven't seen called much in the past but you will see it called more in the future. The game is changing and coaching methods need to change with the game. Every HC in the state heard the exact comments from Mr. Tackett and it is their responsibility to teach their players the correct methods.

It was worse than just "getting on" the sideline official. Alot worse!!!

I was a guest on the sideline for this game and I heard what was said. The coach complained about the first call, got flagged, then said, "What the h3ll is that for?" and got another flag. The official said the coach cursed at him. He did say h3ll but in my opinion the official has some growing up to do. Northern Kentucky officials would have never thrown either flag. From what I heard the official was repremanded after the game by an official evaluator.

I watched the game and I did not think it was dirty on either side. I did not see the alleged below the waist hit on the center, but if it occured I doubt it was a purposely "dirty hit." The officials did not do a very good job in my opinion for either side. There was a lot of blatent holding on Beechwood's part and I thought the personal fouls that were called were not appropriate for what I saw.

Bellevue was outmanned, but played hard. Beechwood has a good team and should win the A title. Good luck to the Big Red Tigers!